+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Latest CD purchase?...

I'm Steve.

What is my last CD purchase? No way of knowing yet, it might be something like Now That's What I Call Music 174. Oh I'm such a pedant! My latest purchase is Black Sabbath Vol.4. Just fancied a bit of Ozzie from the days before he dreamed about falling off his tractor.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Taj Mahal - 'Señor Blues'

Barry

I'm Lee.

Luke Sital-Singh - The Fire Inside

Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Martin.

some more master tapes arrive

The 'Stones and the Curtis are original issues from the 1980s. The ZZ Top is the 2004 re-master, couldn't find an original, but according to the DR Database it is only slightly more compressed than the first issue.

All dirt cheap, it's a golden age for the CD aficionado.

The Curtis still has the old shrink-wrap on it, never been played.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Another haul, £55 for 14 albums, most of them brand new, can't fault that.

2019 golf gti 0 60

Got most of them on vinyl already except the Teenage Fanclub album (I remember that coming out and I couldn't afford to buy it), 'Exile' which I bought to replace my existing CD which is damaged, Motley Crue (not a big fan but for two quid why not?) and the Paul Weller.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Another haul, £55 for 14 albums, most of them brand new, can't fault that.

2019 golf gti 0 60

Got most of them on vinyl already except the Teenage Fanclub album (I remember that coming out and I couldn't afford to buy it), 'Exile' which I bought to replace my existing CD which is damaged, Motley Crue (not a big fan but for two quid why not?) and the Paul Weller.
    Nice selection, apart from the Oasis - If I saw that in a skip I'd leave it there.

Whenever I go to car boot sales I'm always seeing CDs which I would buy if I didn't already have them. If you drew up a CD 'wish list' I'll look out for you - I already do this for a mate.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Grant.

I don't buy many CDs these days but bought this deluxe pack of George Harrison. 2 CDs and a third with outtakes etc plus a book etc. Quite good value I think and I like the modern remixes as originals were poor.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Nice selection, apart from the Oasis - If I saw that in a skip I'd leave it there.

Whenever I go to car boot sales I'm always seeing CDs which I would buy if I didn't already have them. If you drew up a CD 'wish list' I'll look out for you - I already do this for a mate.
    Most of the CDs I buy these days are found in charity shops for 25p or 50p. Because of its diverse population, a lot of the CDs for sale in the charity shops in London are new to me; and at that price I can afford to take a punt. Success rate is about 85%; with those that I don't like being taken to another charity shop.

The CDs on offer in boot sales are usually of no interest to me, or if sold by traders are overpriced and sometimes are in poor condition.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Most of the CDs I buy these days are found in charity shops for 25p or 50p. Because of its diverse population, a lot of the CDs for sale in the charity shops in London are new to me; and at that price I can afford to take a punt. Success rate is about 85%; with those that I don't like being taken to another charity shop.

The CDs on offer in boot sales are usually of no interest to me, or if sold by traders are overpriced and sometimes are in poor condition.
    Yes, you do seem to do well at charity shops, but up here there is a real dearth of anything to interest me. Though I know your tastes are more varied than mine, and you may well come away from the same shops with a decent haul.

i generally do ok at car boots, and don't mind paying a bit more (never more than £1) for something I want. You can spot traders' stock a mile off - they clearly sit out there every week in all weathers and look like they've been fished out of the canal.

My last CD purchase: three Tracy Chapman albums. My next CD purchase (arriving tomorrow): three 808 State albums - talk about variety!

I'm going to have to be more discerning with my purchases in future though, I only have about 700, but that's close to the limit of my wall shelving, and I'm too lazy to put up more. So it'll be one out, one in

T'other system:

A/V:

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I'm going to have to be more discerning with my purchases in future though, I only have about 700, but that's close to the limit of my wall shelving, and I'm too lazy to put up more. So it'll be one out, one in
    Once I hit about 1,000, I started throwing away the jewel cases, and filed them all in plastic slip cases with the booklet, the back notes are all filed in boxes in the loft. Think I got to about 5,000 before I pretty much stopped buying CDs “blind”. All ripped to FLAC now, playing a CD is almost as nostalgic as vinyl now!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast