+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tellurium q Graphite USB

I'm stu.

Really can't understand why anyone would pay a fortune on cables.
    Some seem to spend nearly the same amount as there components.
    Surely money would be better spent on better quality separates and cheaper cables?

Of course if it works for you good luck.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

I'm Steve.

This is driving me a but nutty, people buy these cables as they DO make a difference and the reason why manufacturers sell at these prices is because they can because the demand is there! If you don't believe then can i suggest you contact someone like Dave at MCRU and ask him if you can demo some bits and you may be pleasantly surprised, and more importantly what have you got to loose?

I cannot personally afford to spend £450 on a USB cable but i can vouch for the fact that is definitely does make a difference in a system that i no to sound bloody great at the best of times, so if you can improve the sound of your system and you can afford it then i say go for it. If you can achieve the sound you are looking for with better equipment and thats your preference then go for it!

I am about to trial some interconnects so i will let you all know how that goes.
    Amplifier:
    Sony DA-2400ES
    Sources:
    Technics SL-PG490 CD Player
    Pioneer N-50 - Network Streamer
    Sony MDS-JB940 Mini Disc Player
    Sony BDP-S360 BLU RAY
    SKY HD 1tb Box
    Speakers:
    Paradigm Monitor 7 Monitors
    Paradigm Centre
    Mordaunt Short Rears
    Cables:
    Tellurium Blue speaker cables with bridges
    and terminated with Z plugs
    Black Rhodium twist.

I'm fuckoff.

Tbh, I'm tiring of explaining my rationale; I like the sound it gives me, so I buy it.

Would I get a better sound with putting that towards better separated? Who knows, nothing is cut and dried in this game, there's no exact scale and I don't give a toss, it makes me smile, I buy it

A lot of what we gain can't be measured, in this subjective hobby of ours and YMMV goes for everything.

More of whatever the f#ck tq does with their stuff in my system is not a bad thing, IMO of course.

It strikes me as very odd that those who abhor the idea of posh ancillaries just assume the position of authority on the subject, as if people that like to invest in anything else (heretics!) are somehow wrong for doing so... Most strange.

If you think what I'm doing is wrong is stupid, come round and judge for yourselves.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by steviej233 View Post
    This is driving me a but nutty, people buy these cables as they DO make a difference and the reason why manufacturers sell at these prices is because they can because the demand is there! If you don't believe then can i suggest you contact someone like Dave at MCRU and ask him if you can demo some bits and you may be pleasantly surprised, and more importantly what have you got to loose?
    USB cables do make a difference, I haven't tried the TQ one but audiophile ones with 2 data and 2 power wires I have tried have been trounced by diy ones (and Elijah) with only 3 wires and the same goes for hardwired connectors (no wire).

I feel that with digital cable there's some stuff you have to get right, there's nothing exotic required and they needn't cost a lot.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm fuckoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    USB cables do make a difference, I haven't tried the TQ one but audiophile ones with 2 data and 2 power wires I have tried have been trounced by diy ones (and Elijah) with only 3 wires and the same goes for hardwired connectors (no wire).

I feel that with digital cable there's some stuff you have to get right, there's nothing exotic required and they needn't cost a lot.
    Fwiw, I've just unplugged the Elijah audio USB isolate (copper) from my system as it doesn't work.

While I agree that good cables don't have to cost the earth, the best you tend to pay a premium for; you can move higher up the food chain (with diminishing results probably) but everyone has a preference.

I auditioned black rhodium emperor cables before the tq, they were pretty good. In goes the tq and bang, they were trounced. Wouldn't it be lovely if the absolute best things I've heard in my stereo were cheap? I'd buy them over "high price snake oil and foo"

Is there something wrong with me paying for something I know to be the best from audition and preference?

I've never seen a hobby where people get so uptight about other people enjoying their journey, I'm not spending your money am I? (This paragraph isn't aimed at you Clive, just a general observation).

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Fwiw, I've just unplugged the Elijah audio USB isolate (copper) from my system as it doesn't work.
    Assuming it's not faulty then it could be that Nick's DAC needs to see 5V from the USB for some reason. Possibly powering the USB - I2S? If that is the case then an iFi iUSBPower would be a great option, I use this with my Octave. iFi are just about to ship their twin headed Gemini cable for this sort of config where the computer USB 5V is swapped out for a less polluted 5V. The Gemini is similar to the Elijah ISOLAAT BL.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm fuckoff.

Bloody good point mate; as it happens I've got one of those

Brb.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    If you think what I'm doing is wrong is stupid, come round and judge for yourselves.
    Someone please take up this offer.

I'm fuckoff.

Pardon Alan? Didn't catch that

I'm stu.

I have listened to different cables and could tell no difference.
    Of course others can so good luck,far from me to tell anyone how to put together a system/cables.

This is just my opinion so no need for anyone to get frustrated.
    301/Puresound 2A3/quite large Grf cab horny ones.Eminence/Coral/Le cleach

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast