+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: RFC-MC1 Step-up Transformer

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    It gets strapped into the system tonight. I like the fact it's been burned in. Will post some comments tonight!!!
    what? Is it exhibiting signs of fire damage then Andy?

...look forward to your thoughts!

MartinT Guest

Very interesting, Paul, and I would have loved to try it against my Choir Hashimotos. Unfortunately the gain is insufficient for my needs as I need 29dB or so. If you ever plan a higher gain unit I'll be glad to put it through its paces against some of the best SUT transformers ever made

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Very interesting, Paul, and I would have loved to try it against my Choir Hashimotos. Unfortunately the gain is insufficient for my needs as I need 29dB or so. If you ever plan a higher gain unit I'll be glad to put it through its paces against some of the best SUT transformers ever made
    I am working on a 26dB gain unit as we type....available to special order in MC2 guise for anyone needing higher gain

Price will be marginally greater at £595.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    ... All l can l say is that this SUT propels the CA640P in to a completely and l mean completely different league ( stop laughing Jerry, and by the way you will love this SUT with the Denon DL103, the smoothness, warmth, imaging and cleanliness, is top notch ...
    Who? me? -- laughing at your phonostage being improved on? --

Ooo - that RFC SUT does sound intriguing.

I wouldn't mind if you put me on the trial list, Paul!

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Who? me? -- laughing at your phonostage being improved on? --

Ooo - that RFC SUT does sound intriguing.

I wouldn't mind if you put me on the trial list, Paul!
    Yes you Jerry! Seriously you need to review this SUT.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Andy.

Oops Nearly forgot
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm gone.

Well, I'd like to hear it for my own possible use - I'm not sure about a review - I don't have enough experience of SUTs. I can think of folk much better suited -- calling Tom

And with my current kit I just have the transformers of my Minimax 'stage and an active MC step-up device to compare it to.
    Nah - I'd just like to try it for myself.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post

Well, I'd like to hear it for my own possible use - I'm not sure about a review - I don't have enough experience of SUTs. I can think of folk much better suited -- calling Tom

And with my current kit I just have the transformers of my Minimax 'stage and an active MC step-up device to compare it to.
    Nah - I'd just like to try it for myself.
    I'll add you to the list Jerry. I'm pretty confident that it should out-perform most MC active gain stages unless seriously well engineered. It comprehensively wipes the floor with my reference MC stage of choice for many years now, a modded EAR834p Siggy, and that compares very favourably with the minimax.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    I am working on a 26dB gain unit as we type....available to special order in MC2 guise for anyone needing higher gain
    Well, if you want it evaluated when it's ready, let me know

I'm Andrew.

First impressions are thats its quite fragrant.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast