+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RFC-MC1 Step-up Transformer

I'm Paul.

Hi Mikkel

I can send to you once the UK rounds are over if you'd be happy covering the postage costs for the trial. In the event you like it and would like to order one, I would refund all of your postage costs upon placement of order. Can't say fairer than that! I'm still working on the pricing which will be announced in a week or two.

I'm Mikkel.

Hi Paul,

Absolutely fair, I'm interested in given it a spin.

Not in a hurry, so all in good time.

Cheers

Mikkel

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Now posted to the first person on the list. Should be with you Peter in around five days time

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    Should be on it's way to you tomorrow Peter

I'm Bob.

Looking forward to trying this, Paul. I think I'm quite a way down the list though so will have to be patient !

K
    k

NA Space Deck/NA Ace Space 12" arm/Benz Micro Wood SL - Noteworthy Phonote phono - Consonance CD120L CDP - Audion Select passive pre - Audion Silver Night Anniversary 300b power amp - Sugden A21a - ProAc Response D20R - Quadraspire Q4 rack

Michell GyroDec/AudioNote Arm ii/Ortofon Quintet Black - Silvercore "One to Ten" SUT - Croft RIAA - Marantz 6005 CD - Croft 25R Pre - Croft 7 Power - Heco Celan 300

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by khapahk View Post
    Looking forward to trying this, Paul. I think I'm quite a way down the list though so will have to be patient !

K
    It'll be worth the wait!

Just had my first piece of feedback from the first person on the list.

Received a phone call today to say that it was "way better" than using the MC gain stage in his (not inexpensive) Modwright phonostage and that he'd been "blown away" by the performance, so great to receive that first thumbs-up.

One thing I need to point out (although it's made clear in the enclosed instructions) is that the earth lead from tonearms must be connected to the SUT so that it is not bypassed straight to the phonostage. This means that another earth wire (anything will do, just strip two ends off some lighting flex if there's nothing else handy to hand) needs to be connected between SUT and phonostage ground points. The first person didn't initially do this and an earth loop was set up creating hum. All SUTs are required to be earthed to the phonostage/preamp and to have the tonearm grounds connected to the SUT.

I'm Paul.

Feedback from the second person on the list:

Overall impressions were excellent. It is well behaved, no noise or hum; nicely detailed; throws a wide soundstage; seems well/evenly balanced with no undue emphasis of any part of the frequency range. Images sit a bit further behind the speakers than I'm used to, again maybe because of a more 'neutral' balance? Particularly impressed with nicely proportioned images, with good, precise location in the soundstage. IME, this all shows good design engineering, meaning the component has relatively linear gain and phase with frequency.

Unit should be with Hifi Dave today!

I'm Dave.

OK, now used it with a couple of TT/cartridge combos and into three different phono stages. Initial findings - it's a good'un.

It is dynamic, clean, solid and precise. Digs out a lot more clean information than the other x'mer I compared it with. Punches well above it's weight and should be on your list if looking for a quality MC step up.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    OK, now used it with a couple of TT/cartridge combos and into three different phono stages. Initial findings - it's a good'un.

It is dynamic, clean, solid and precise. Digs out a lot more clean information than the other x'mer I compared it with. Punches well above it's weight and should be on your list if looking for a quality MC step up.
    Thanks for the feedback David

I'm Andy.

The wee beastie is with me now- my first sortie into a quality SUT, early reports are very favourable, my touture track is coming out soon.

System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast