+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: Turntable and Arm only £1300ish

I'm Steve.

Default WTD: Turntable and Arm only £1300ish

Looking for a nice unfussy deck + arm that I don't have to mutter incantations over each lp side. I have a 2m Black and a Dynavector DV10X5 so the tonearm needs to be happy with either. I have £1300 to spend but can push the boat out a little further for something that warrants it.

I have solid floors and the deck will live between the speakers about 3 foot on either side.

I don't own a car so this would need to be shipped or preferably delivered if you live within striking distance of Seaford, I would sort go juice costs.

Thanks in advance, Steve.

I'm Nobody.

Michell 'Gyro SE'/'Tecno' arm should be around that tag i think..

I'm Steve.

bump

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Here I go again with the shilling accusation, but the Rega RP6 and new Funk deck should also be perfect for your needs and give you change too Site both carefully and you can forget the mechanics of the replay and just enjoy the music.

Obviously for this money and the AOS being what it is, a Techie could be bought, re-armed and with mat, feet and probably MN bearing'd and plattered for around this price. Only the power supply would really need looking at I believe.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Martin.

Stock Sl1210, fancy mat, fancy headshell, fancy cartridge, and an RCM (if you don't already have one). Fuss-free, reliable, competent. Or a Gyrodec, which I also like, but that means no RCM and a less fancy cart. Or a modded Lenco GL75, heard a couple of them that sound a bit special. Does it have to be new?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Here I go again with the shilling accusation
    Stop doing it then

only joking only joking

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Stock Sl1210, fancy mat, fancy headshell, fancy cartridge, and an RCM (if you don't already have one). Fuss-free, reliable, competent. Or a Gyrodec, which I also like, but that means no RCM and a less fancy cart. Or a modded Lenco GL75, heard a couple of them that sound a bit special. Does it have to be new?
    Nope doesn't have to be new, would prefer second hand actually to get more bang for my buck.

I'm Paul.

PM sent.

+ Reply to Thread