+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Feet - Squishy, hard or other ?

I'm Mike.

Default What Feet - Squishy, hard or other ?

There are plenty of feet for our kit, but do we need them or is there something else required when sitting on Mana and similar supports and racks ?

My Technics has soft squishy feet and sits on a spiked glass top, spiked eventually into the floor.
    The LP12 has similar
    Most of my kit had rubber like feet, but are they the best for Mana and the like ?
    I've tried some wooden cones and didn't think there was much difference if any.
    Not keen as the kit can slide around, maybe even get knocked off. This would be a 'bad thing'

So
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Dave.

They all make a teensy, weensy change to the sound. Different combinations under various bits of kit sound a tiny bit different. It's up to you to try and hear or don't..

I'm James.

hi mike, i have just put some wooden cones under my sony bdp that i thought id thrown. bass seems to have tightened up a bit,not amazingly so but noticable. i had forgotten about the sliding about , what a pain

I'm David.

oak cone feet, delrin feet, rdc feet, soborthane feet, squash balls, squash balls sat on ceramic footers, stillpoints, squash balls inside glass tea lighters, they have all had a try (one in the last 3 days)

I have to say the best in my system is delrin, don't know why but just is (delrin is acetal, a thermoplastic) in cone form, oh and the silicone circle thingys that someone else on AOS was selling are quite good too but not as good as delrin.

I will post you a selection to "play" with when I get chance Mike. It's the least I can do after you saved me yet again with your lightning fast turnaround printing my brochures!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    They all make a teensy, weensy change to the sound. Different combinations under various bits of kit sound a tiny bit different. It's up to you to try and hear or don't..
    Thanks
    No huge revelation to be expected then ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    hi mike, i have just put some wooden cones under my sony bdp that i thought id thrown. bass seems to have tightened up a bit,not amazingly so but noticable. i had forgotten about the sliding about , what a pain
    There is the ability to screw them in of course, but it seems we have to use 3 and I don't fancy drilling any cases

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    oak cone feet, delrin feet, rdc feet, soborthane feet, squash balls, squash balls sat on ceramic footers, stillpoints, squash balls inside glass tea lighters, they have all had a try (one in the last 3 days)

I have to say the best in my system is delrin, don't know why but just is (delrin is acetal, a thermoplastic) in cone form, oh and the silicone circle thingys that someone else on AOS was selling are quite good too but not as good as delrin.

I will post you a selection to "play" with when I get chance Mike. It's the least I can do after you saved me yet again with your lightning fast turnaround printing my brochures!
    Thanks David
    We do that for everyone !
    Not that I'm saying that you're not special oh no

Mike

I'm Mike.

Subsidiary, linked question

Could one use magic feet on almost any surface, so doing away with racks ?
    (Mana heresy !)

Mike

I'm Paul.

You could use super glue to stick 'em on

I bottled out of it and used double sided carpet tape instead in case i changed my mind.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by twickers View Post
    You could use super glue to stick 'em on

I bottled out of it and used double sided carpet tape instead in case i changed my mind.
    Did they make any difference to the sound ?

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast