Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could someone please explain this to me please?

I'm Harry.

Default Could someone please explain this to me please?

A joke. I don't think ANYONE would have realised.

There's a thread somewhere about favourite lines from Carry On films. Did anyone see "Carry On Up The Clique?

Very old one.

I'm ChrisB.

I'm astonished! It must come as rather a surprise to Clive, myself and everyone else to imagine that he and I are in some sort of a clique.

synsei Guest

Some fairness might not go amiss here. I don't want ANYBODY removing the profanity from my posts as it was used in context. I hardly use profanity at all therefore it was intended to hammer home my points and reveal feelings, I will not apologise for using it.

For what its worth: Clive, some might consider Harry to be abrasive when in fact I have come to appreciate that Harry prefers to be direct and honest rather than underhand and secretive (that's not to say you have been btw). I have come to respect and appreciate this side of Harry over the many posts of his that I have read and also through our few convos on AoS. Such conflicts will increase all the while this current government are busily driving a wedge between the least and most well off in our society. They are poisonous scum, and that is me being polite. Incidentally, I am one of those who have witnessed protectionism for certain individuals on here and in fact I have been a victim of it.

Apologies might go along way to bringing this incident to a close. I will leave it to those involved to project a little dignity and repect.

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I'm astonished! It must come as rather a surprise to Clive, myself and everyone else to imagine that he and I are in some sort of a clique.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.

But feel free to carry on.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Some fairness might not go amiss here. I don't want ANYBODY removing the profanity from my posts as it was used in context. I hardly use profanity at all therefore it was intended to hammer home my points and reveal feelings, I will not apologise for using it.

For what its worth: Clive, some might consider Harry to be abrasive when in fact I have come to appreciate that Harry prefers to be direct and honest rather than underhand and secretive (that's not to say you have been btw). I have come to respect and appreciate this side of Harry over the many posts of his that I have read and also through our few convos on AoS. Such conflicts will increase all the while this current government are busily driving a wedge between the least and most well off in our society. They are poisonous scum, and that is me being polite. Incidentally, I am one of those who have witnessed protectionism for certain individuals on here and in fact I have been a victim of it.

Apologies might go along way to bringing this incident to a close. I will leave it to those involved to project a little dignity and repect.
    I don't want to get drawn into adding much comment as it'll only inflame the situation but I must say here that I felt Harry insulted me.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Some fairness might not go amiss here.

Incidentally, I am one of those who have witnessed protectionism for certain individuals on here and in fact I have been a victim of it.
    There you go. I have no agenda. I'm not paranoid and I'm not talking out of my arse.

There have been recent examples of this unfairness and the protectionism of certain individuals has been noticed by more people than me and Synsei.

It's bound to happen. Happens in all walks of life but please do me the courtesy of not insisting that I'm somehow imagining it.

I'm ChrisB.

Harry,
    No-one is 'protecting' Clive.

Do you remember when I said this:

If the discussion had been allowed to continue, it would almost certainly have ended in one or more person receiving a two week ban from AoS.
    Now, who do you suppose that the 'one or more person' might be?

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

With all due respect to everyone here, I hate coming across threads like this which seem to be mostly irrelevant to the pursuit of good music and playback gear. It's a downer when coming to AoS actually degrades my day. (Thank God, that doesn't happen often.) Sometimes I wish "discussions" like these could be confined to "private meeting rooms". Anyway, carry on. I'll go see what happening in the Spin Lists.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by WOStantonCS100 View Post
    With all due respect to everyone here, I hate coming across threads like this which seem to be mostly irrelevant to the pursuit of good music and playback gear. It's a downer when coming to AoS actually degrades my day. (Thank God, that doesn't happen often.) Sometimes I wish "discussions" like these could be confined to "private meeting rooms". Anyway, carry on. I'll go see what happening in the Spin Lists.
    +1. You do make a good point about going to a private meeting room. Could we not have some sort of facility like this where the rest of the AOS dont have to read threads like these. NO DISRESPECT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM to the guys in this thread, so please dont feel insulted by what I have suggested.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Dave.

+1 well said Biff, and Andrew
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast