+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow in the middle of March!!!

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Clothears View Post
    I was considering that show, its only 20 mins drive away for me, but I don't think I will bother. As well as the entrance fee, you've also got to pay the extortionate airport parking fees as well I believe. As you say I think the turn out will be effected quite badly by the weather even though where I live in Manchester there's no snow whatsoever.
    Only a few miles south of Manchester in the High Peak here. Quite a bit of snow first thing this morning, but that almost completely melted as the snow turned to rain this afternoon. Now snowing again and there's a fair bit on the ground now and the forecast is for almost continuous snow overnight and tomorrow into the afternoon.

Undecided if to go to the hi-fi show tomorrow - think I'll play it by ear and may leave it until Sunday if its bad tomorrow morning. I'll be going by bus, so no parking fees to worry about
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Heading our way, apparently. Love it normally, but bored of winter now and don't want the roads to be rubbish tomorrow as a few of us are off down to London for the Tina Dico gig.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Imjustsurviving.

you still got the Landy for such occasions ?
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm John.

There's a good covering of the stuff here, I'm only 30 miles away from the Manchester show but I think I'm gonna give it a miss, unless things improve by Sunday. I was going to tax the Ducati in April but I'm having second thoughts on that too

John

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    you still got the Landy for such occasions ?
    Maggie has sadly moved to "project" status after her last MOT! Still, there's more of an adventure spirit using my 300C - never knowing if you'll arrive at a junction facing forwards or backwards in the snow adds to the fun!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mike.

Just north of Manchester, albeit at 1000ft, snowing like fook here and blowing a blizzard, no going out till work on Monday if then!
    Mike

My kit

Garrard 401, 12 inch Jelco SA – 750L, Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver Litz tonearm cable, Graham Slee Reflex C with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Audio-Technica AT33EV, Audio Technica AT33 Mono, XTZ A100 D3, Azur 650C CDP with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Speakers - Kef LS S0, Graham Slee Novo headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.

I'm Neil.

Lots of snow here and lots of power cuts, power fluctuations so the gear is all switched off. Its not that unusual to get snow in March heck it can even happen in April and early May as well.

There have been no flights in or out of Belfast today and if I was going to the show - when it was in London I would have been flying out tonight to have two days at it - but if I had been today, nope no flights. Just as well I decided not to bother.

Regards Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nightmare, Neil. No power cuts here, thank goodness. I've not experienced a power cut since the 1970s, while living in Glasgow.

Is it normal to have snow in March in Belfast? This is the first time, since I moved down from Glasgow, that we've had snow in Wrexham at nearly the end of March!

Last year, at not far off of this time, we were eating our lunches outside in the garden.... Dunno when that will be happening this year!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Its mental weather, but we are lucky darn' sarf as there is no snow here Marco - and them snowballs won't reach me

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nightmare, Neil. No power cuts here, thank goodness. I've not experienced a power cut since the 1970s, while living in Glasgow.

Is it normal to have snow in March in Belfast? This is the first time, since I moved down from Glasgow, that we've had snow in Wrexham at nearly the end of March!

Last year, at not far off of this time, we were eating our lunches outside in the garden.... Dunno when that will be happening this year!

Marco.
    Its not that unusual to have a wee bit of snow in March later is not unheard of but its rare.

All of Belfast was without power earlier tonight but thankfully its back on. This storm is hitting here quite badly.

Last March was unusual I think.

Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast