+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something solid XF stands

I'm Simon.

Default Something solid XF stands

Hi

Was wondering if anybody had any experience of these stands, especially with harbeths. I have c7-es3s and wondered if they'd be better than the Atacama sl500s I'm currently using. Also how stable are they? I gave a curious toddler and want something super stable for safety reasons. Couldn't find a price for them either. I know they're made to measure but thought I might get a ballpark figure for the harbeths at 20" height as it's quite common. Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks, Si

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

For the speakers you have, I can think of no better, although the manufacturer of your speakers tries to debunk the whole "stand" thing altogether

Too many damned agendas going on with certain manufacturers - you apparently don't get this in pro circles since engineers are apparently only too happy to work together to find solutions!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Simon.

Default Re: Something solid XF stands

I'm using these with my Harbeth 30.1's. They're nice and stable with a bit of blu tak connecting the speakers to the stands. Mine were about £250, I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Meridian 200/263 into Quad 66/606 into Harbeth M30.1. Sometimes a Samsung laptop into an Epiphany Acoustics E-Dac into the Quads.

I'm Andy.

l used to have a pair under my Harbs ( they came with them) and hated the sight of them, then saw some Skylans stands, brought them and to my earholes these sounded better ( and looked a whole lot better too)- result.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Undarra View Post
    Hi

Was wondering if anybody had any experience of these stands, especially with harbeths. I have c7-es3s and wondered if they'd be better than the Atacama sl500s I'm currently using. Also how stable are they? I gave a curious toddler and want something super stable for safety reasons. Couldn't find a price for them either. I know they're made to measure but thought I might get a ballpark figure for the harbeths at 20" height as it's quite common. Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks, Si
    I've been selling them to go under all manner of speakers for ten years or so. They are by far the best I've heard under Harbeths and are quite reasonably priced for what they do. One important point is that they will be built at the height to suit your speakers and you.

As to price, I usually provide them FOC to my Harbeth customers but as a stand alone, £250, carriage free.

They are very stable, which is one of the features and there are a couple of ways to make them more so and it doesn't feature a blob of Blutak on the carbon fibre pucks.

I'm Simon.

Thanks for all the feedback. Glad to hear they are stable, I thought they might be because of the outrigger style feet but wanted to make sure. Am intrigued by your comments hifi dave as to how to make them even more secure! As for the perfect height I presume this is to get the tweeter to ear height from a seated position? I'm still not sold on the looks but everything else seems to make them the right choice.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Am intrigued by your comments hifi dave as to how to make them even more secure!
    I know how he rolls...

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm scott.

Great stands i supply them free with my stirling broadcast BBC monitors
    should gel nicely with the harbeths , outriggers good for stability as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Dave.

Thanks for all the feedback. Glad to hear they are stable, I thought they might be because of the outrigger style feet but wanted to make sure. Am intrigued by your comments hifi dave as to how to make them even more secure! As for the perfect height I presume this is to get the tweeter to ear height from a seated position? I'm still not sold on the looks but everything else seems to make them the right choice.
    You soon forget the looks as, being constructed from small section steel, they virtually disappear from sight.

You need to measure your ear height when seated and then calculate the stand height to get the tweeter at ear level.

+ Reply to Thread