+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get speaker plugs to fit better

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Which speaker cable is it now ?
    The same pair you sent back to me
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

MartinT Guest

I've never seen a 4mm plug which is just solid with no spring. The fit would be awful.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I've never seen a 4mm plug which is just solid with no spring. The fit would be awful.
    I'm 99% certain I've seen loads of solid
    Thought the sticky out bit was only in the past few years
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Geoff.

The wire spring plugs can be troublesome. I've had several where the wire has popped out of its location and was just flapping about and many where the wire has flattened leaving the plug loose.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    The same pair you sent back to me
    I can't recall if they are TQ or the old Linn.

If they are Linn, the plugs have a spring up the side which you might be able to tease out a bit. If the sockets are shallow, as some are, this won't be as effective.

If they are TQ, the plugs are hollow and can be opened up a bit and gently to make a better fit. These plugs work very well but aren't very robust.

MartinT Guest

The TQ z-plugs are excellent and can be prised out to make a very tight fit.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I can't recall if they are TQ or the old Linn.

If they are Linn, the plugs have a spring up the side which you might be able to tease out a bit. If the sockets are shallow, as some are, this won't be as effective.

If they are TQ, the plugs are hollow and can be opened up a bit and gently to make a better fit. These plugs work very well but aren't very robust.
    It's Naim or a Naim clone, possibly Linn

Mike

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    It's Naim or a Naim clone, possibly Linn
    Bananas with spring.

Be careful. It's easy to kink the spring and/or it can pop out.

I'm Tom.

Best speaker plug you can buy is the infamous "Z" plug

Nice tight fit and you can adjust the amount of grip easily, available in either solder or screw fit.

Mr Brook at MCRU can help you out

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Effem View Post
    Best speaker plug you can buy is the infamous "Z" plug

Nice tight fit and you can adjust the amount of grip easily, available in either solder or screw fit.

Mr Brook at MCRU can help you out
    Thanks Frank
    Quick fix for now
    New speaker leads are a way down the path for upgrades but will come

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast