+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get speaker plugs to fit better

I'm Mike.

Default How to get speaker plugs to fit better

I noticed the speaker cable plugs going into the Naim power amp were quite loose.
    They are just under an inch long so have reasonable contact.
    I assume better will be better sound quailty
    Yes a proper fix is required but what can I do in the meantime to tighten them up a bit ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm ChrisB.

We'd need to know what kind of speaker plugs you have Mike.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    We'd need to know what kind of speaker plugs you have Mike.

It leaves my head ok, it's just when it comes to the words wot I typee

Standard banana, 99% certain
    (It was late and this wasn't what I was doing)
    They always seemed tight before, but that could have been with the crazy 3 sets of speaker leads causing me so much grief plugging in
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post

It leaves my head ok, it's just when it comes to the words wot I typee

Standard banana, 99% certain
    (It was late and this wasn't what I was doing)
    They always seemed tight before, but that could have been with the crazy 3 sets of speaker leads causing me so much grief plugging in
    Why do you have the "crazy 3 sets of speaker leads" ?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Why do you have the "crazy 3 sets of speaker leads" ?
    This was before they were amended by the wonderful hifidave !
    Sound quality took a big step up after that. crossover mods could also have helped a lot there

Currently and for the last few months the single pair to each speaker

Mike

I'm Alan.

If it's the banana type with the spring wire along the barrel then you can just get a small screwdriver blade under the spring from the side, bend the spring wire upwards a bit and then it gives tighter contact.

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    If it's the banana type with the spring wire along the barrel then you can just get a small screwdriver blade under the spring from the side, bend the spring wire upwards a bit and then it gives tighter contact.

Alan
    Thanks
    I think they are just the on piece of metal, no springs. Will check tonight

Mike

MartinT Guest

Yes, most of them have an expandable element to them, Mike. Prise the springy bit out carefully. Don't forget to DeOxit them.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Yes, most of them have an expandable element to them, Mike. Prise the springy bit out carefully. Don't forget to DeOxit them.
    Checking tonight
    What if no spring ?

Mike

I'm Dave.

Which speaker cable is it now ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast