+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECC88's: Help on old fella out please... :D

synsei Guest

Default ECC88's: Help on old fella out please... :D

I thought I'd give this subject it's own home so as not to clutter up Jules' Tube Rolling thread. Are these valves better known by another ident? I have two NOS Mullards ECC88's in the Delphonica Valhalla (I thought they were ECC83's until yesterday). I am planning to buy extra valves to cover me in case of random failures, but I don't think I will be buying Mullards as these fetch a pretty penny. What should I be looking for please fellas?

I'm Julian.

Dave - I bought JJ Gold Pins at £23 each when I first got my Puresound P10. Seemed good value to me ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I thought I'd give this subject it's own home so as not to clutter up Jules' Tube Rolling thread. Are these valves better known by another ident? I have two NOS Mullards ECC88's in the Delphonica Valhalla (I thought they were ECC83's until yesterday). I am planning to buy extra valves to cover me in case of random failures, but I don't think I will be buying Mullards as these fetch a pretty penny. What should I be looking for please fellas?
    6DJ8 7308 E88CC
    The best sounding ECC88 [IMHO] are Siemens but they are very difficult to find these days.
    Hope this helps.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Neal.

In addition to the ones Anthony post above, you can also go for the Mil Spec 6922 or maybe an ECC189 but has slightly lower Anode impedance.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

synsei Guest

Excellent guys, thanks

synsei Guest

The Valhalla does not have a biasing circuit so I presume I will need to be looking for matched pairs. The Siemens are out, just seen the prices...

I'm Mark.

I could do with some decent ECC88's.

I might have to sneak some cheap ones into your amp before I give it back. Mullards are old. What you want are some nice new valves and not that old tat.
    Mark

synsei Guest

I'm inthescottishmafia.

The 6p3s-e are better than those Dave IMHO.

synsei Guest

Too late now Ali, I have pulled the trigger Besides, money is an issue and these fit the bill nicely...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast