Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Records Storage

I'm jamie.

oops post 14,000 [/QUOTE]

collection 14,000?
    unit 14,000?
    or am i wrong completely

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Just bought a pair of Jamie's 'double' cubes from eBay. Looking forward to receiving them; I've been seriously short of record storage space for far too long.

Expect I shall be wanting more in the near distant future.
    Barry

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Just bought a pair of Jamie's 'double' cubes from eBay. Looking forward to receiving them; I've been seriously short of record storage space for far too long.

Expect I shall be wanting more in the near distant future.

Cheers Barry these will be with you Tuesday.

I'm Andrei.

Default Storage

I built some shelves for my missus. It was only when I was finished that I noticed that they were very suitable as record shelves.

This is Skinny checking them out.

LPs fit rather well.

The whole thing is made from sheets of 6mm mdf and 12 mm mdf (for the columns), and 16 mm dowel. At the back are some panels to give it rigidity. They can be attached with panel pins (very small nails) or angle brackets.
    The only 'exotic' equipment is a drill with a 16 mm drill bit.

The shelves simply lie on the dowel. The whole concept is blindingly simple and it is easy to make your own measurements. They are 65 mm deep which is deeper than necessary for records. But as mentioned I only thought about the possibility after the build. Also one could use attractive timber rather than mdf, but that will add to the cost.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Nobody.

Well well i also built a DVD unit for the wife using full width 5/8'' shelf support dowels

I'm Peter.

Hi

Yep, I have an o/s order with Jamie, looking forward to taking delivery, got a bespoke box to hold my Led Zeppelin super deluxe collection, will look the dogs.

I got some bespoke stuff made a few years back, but can see me doing more business with Jamie

Will post a few fotos soon

Peter

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Can someone post a link to the ebay shop please, that one in Andre's first post doesn't work. Ta.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarsh22 View Post
    Hi

Yep, I have an o/s order with Jamie, looking forward to taking delivery, got a bespoke box to hold my Led Zeppelin super deluxe collection, will look the dogs.

I got some bespoke stuff made a few years back, but can see me doing more business with Jamie

Will post a few fotos soon

Peter

I'm oscar.

Are these Birch plywood open ended boxes/shelves ?
    www.oscarsaudio.co.uk Turntable Mats , Platforms , Headphone Stands , Cables , Cones

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarsaudio View Post
    Are these Birch plywood open ended boxes/shelves ?
    Oscar

Theses are IKEA, Billy range, I use for my book collection.

Cheap and cheerfule,

Peter
    Hi Fi

Record Deck: Linn LP12 Lingo Mk 1
    Ittok Arm
    Asaka Cartridge
    Amplifier: Naim NAP160
    Pre-Amplifier: Naim NACS102
    NAPSC
    CD Player: Nakamichi MB-8
    Speakers: PSB Imagine

AV Surround System