+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kit order on a rack ?

I'm Mike.

Default Kit order on a rack ?

What order is best for my kit on my Mana racks ?

This could be a perfect one for Marco ....

Currently
    Technics SL1200 is on a Mana Reference top
    -on top of a another Reference top with the Technics PSU and Ortofon SUT on that MDF top - probably not ideal
    Under that Naim 82 on the glass shelf of the Mana rack
    Whest phono Pre Amp on the next glass shelf down
    Tivo next glass shelf down - yes I know that ought to go elsewhere
    PSU for Naim 500 Power amp
    These sitting on 3 Mana sound bases

other rack
    P10 on the top glass shelf -as its so big
    Missing shelf now as
    Rega Isis CDP is a top loader, on the next glass shelf
    Naim 500 power amp on the bottom glass shelf

Any obvious silliness there ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm ChrisB.

The are two sides to this - practicality & the effect on the sound.

If you have 2 racks to fill, some prefer to keep power amps & supplies on different racks to sources and pre-amps. Whatever you choose to do in that regard, I like to keep that stuff low as it's generally heavier and so it keeps the centre of gravity of the rack low for stability. The other thing to bear in mind is keeping stuff with controls higher for the simple reason that it's literally a pain in the back to bend over every time you change a disc/record or the commonly used controls.

I'm Nobody.

Or everything on one level like i do

I'm Adam.

The turntable's definitely best off on the top...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    The are two sides to this - practicality & the effect on the sound.

If you have 2 racks to fill, some prefer to keep power amps & supplies on different racks to sources and pre-amps. Whatever you choose to do in that regard, I like to keep that stuff low as it's generally heavier and so it keeps the centre of gravity of the rack low for stability. The other thing to bear in mind is keeping stuff with controls higher for the simple reason that it's literally a pain in the back to bend over every time you change a disc/record or the commonly used controls.
    I'm stuck with some positions due to size of the box and cable lengths.
    I was wondering about the SUT and the Technics PSU maybe being better on a glass shelf, but together ?
    I have other racks I can use and have thought about putting one rack on top of another, Reference Top style. So the bottom rack has an MDF top for the top rack to sit on.
    This makes a high seat for some of the kit.
    For out and out weight the 500 and P10 should be low, but I can't do both, unless I go tailor made and I want to sort the ideal positions first
    Remotes allow me to put most kit lower
    Technics is high, Rega would be good higher
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm ChrisB.

I'm afraid I wouldn't know about the niceties of Mana - that's definitely Marco's department, but I would tend towards extreme caution when thinking about putting an SUT anywhere near a power supply.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I'm afraid I wouldn't know about the niceties of Mana - that's definitely Marco's department, but I would tend towards extreme caution when thinking about putting an SUT anywhere near a power supply.
    I can put them one shelf away at different sides to start with......

Mike

I'm Mike.

PSU for Technics move up and away
    Seemed a small improvement
    SUT found to be touching the bottom of the shelf above so had to raise that and then level the Technics

So I got a bit lost there

Tivo out is probably the next move, after I've sorted out my balance on the Whest to the 82 !

Mike

I'm Neil.

I do it according to practicality on my 4 tier Mana:

Bottom Shelf = power amp
    2nd Shelf = DAC
    3rd Shelf = preamp
    Top Shelf = CD Transport with my headphone amp sat on top of the CDT.

I wouldn't want to be reaching down to the bottom shelf to adjust volume etc.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    I do it according to practicality on my 4 tier Mana:

Bottom Shelf = power amp
    2nd Shelf = DAC
    3rd Shelf = preamp
    Top Shelf = CD Transport with my headphone amp sat on top of the CDT.

I wouldn't want to be reaching down to the bottom shelf to adjust volume etc.
    Makes sense to me
    Not sticking to what I say - keep it simple - I've got a load more kit than that though so it's more 'interesting'

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast