+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nick's System

beautiful kit you have there mr.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I guess you're really interested in the Yamamoto ?

It sounds great, not really the "archetypal" valve sound so often cited by naysayers.

It is fast and open, superb midrange as would be expected. It also is very sweet in the treble and good in the bass. It has very good resolution but doesn't throw detail at you in that unpleasant way some gear can do. Things are revealed on the recording in a very natural way. I never find it runs out of juice either for my listening levels, of course some of the load is eased with the Zu's powered bass array coming in around 50Hz. It's quite simply the best of the amps I own. I can listen to it for hours and it just makes the music very accessible and enjoyable.

I just thank my lucky stars that I bought before the Yen got too strong against the pound.

Also a big heads up for Keith at Angelsound, no affiliation apart from being a satisified customer, who has always been helpful and really looks after his customers.

If anyone is interested I'll put together a more detailed resume for the Yamamoto and the other gear
    Hi Nick,
    Sorry,must've missed this.Yes please I'd be interested,that's a lovely piece of kit.The 2a3 is a nice valve.Have you tried any NOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Hi Nick,
    Sorry,must've missed this.Yes please I'd be interested,that's a lovely piece of kit.The 2a3 is a nice valve.Have you tried any NOS?
    Hi Ali

For a while there I thought I'd bored you into silence

When the amp arrived it was fitted with NOS RCA 2A3s. I wanted a spare set so I spoke to Jac at JacMusic, he is the German importer of Yamamoto. He was very helpful and politely told me that I hadn't really heard my A-011 until I'd tried a set of the Emission Labs valves. Boy was he right, after some adjustment to get rid of some hum, these valves brought the amplifier to life. The NOS RCAs now sit in the shelf as drop in spares should the need arise.

I'll try and formulate some notes regarding how it, the A-011, sounds.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I've heard EL 45's before.Very nice! Look great too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123