+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chord Signature Speaker Cable alternative

I'm Marvan.

Default Chord Signature Speaker Cable alternative

Hi
    I like the way the Chord Signatures Speaker Cable sounds and was stunned on the improvement over Chord Odyssey or NACA5
    It was a fuller, bigger sound- which I liked
    Not a "I think I might hear a difference " definately a "Whoa"

It is expensive and when researching it I discovered on a sister website that
    BELDEN - 9913F7 - CABLE, COAX, 9913F7
    looks very similar to the cable has has very similar specifications to the Chord cable

Has anyone seen heard or tried this?
    Cheers
    Marvan

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Buy some of this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEAKER-CA...item45fdb58043

...and get a pal to swap it round without you knowing what it is! That should put some perspective on things for you and your wallet may be very pleasantly surprised - done it myself a long while ago when this cable was given away with every Linn Classik sold and we had the chance to freely compare it
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Buy some of this -

...and get a pal to swap it round without you knowing what it is! That should put some perspective on things for you and your wallet may be very pleasantly surprised - done it myself a long while ago when this cable was given away with every Linn Classik sold and we had the chance to freely compare it
    What have you personally compared it to Dave?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm ron.

I have been through some expensive cables and I actually believe they sound different right or wrong, not hear to discuss that old chestnut but honestly over the years I've not heard better than the cable talk 3 I use now. I've had chord, kimber, tellurium, audionote etc etc since putting in the ct3 I just forget about it and listen to the music

synsei Guest

Buy some of this -

That looks very similar to the Sharkwire cables I have just made up Dave. Interestingly they absolutely obliterate the Belkins I so soundly championed over the Tellurium TQ Blues a little while ago. So much more musical than the Belkins. I've had the Sharkwire cable for years but never thought to use them as they look so cheap, it's a funny old world, eh?

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    What have you personally compared it to Dave?
    Sod it! I have ordered some to try.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I compared the cable to all the famous (infamous?) QED, Cable Talk and Chord Co. (Odyssey and Rumour) usual suspects. We also had some plaited Ixos and the godawful Linn K20, 400 and 600 stuff (the latter two, dirty looking 79st or similar in a foul looking ungainly black "jacket").

Of course, how can any speaker cable so cheap be any good (although Mr Cawley seemed to be selling the stuff for a tenner a metre a while ago I remember)? The only caution I'd make is that if air or moisture is able to get to the conductors over a few years, this stuff might "go off." It's so cheap though I doubt any of you chaps would keep it for more than a year or so before "upgrading?"
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Mark.

Of course, how can any speaker cable so cheap be any good (although Mr Cawley seemed to be selling the stuff for a tenner a metre a while ago I remember)?
    A quick look on Dave Cawley's site and it is the Van Damme he is selling which is high quality copper cable.

very bottom of this page:
    http://www.soundhifi.com/cable.html
    Van damme Looks similar with clear jacket to the cheap ebay stuff but its not the same.
    http://www.van-damme.com/25.html

There was a thread on another forum where someone has measured the resistance of a low cost ebay 2.5mm and the resistance was higher than it should be which means it was not 2.5mm or was not quality copper.

The cable linked to on this thread might be OK though, someone could measure some as 99p is cheap

I'm Jerry.

If it's good enough for Dave R it's good enough for me. I'm excited now.....
    Jerry

I'm Paul.

I quite like the Van Damme speaker cable. I tried some recently which was this stuff:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Van-Damme-...item230d830922

Inductance is lower than the shotgun stuff and I find it sounds marginally better to my ears. The main advantage is it's flexibility.

I still prefer the Talk 3 over it, but it's pretty close.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast