+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: electricbeach audio

I'm Steve.

Default electricbeach audio

Remember the Remington advert with the slogan "I liked the product so much I bought the company"? Well, I haven't bought a company but I'm starting one and I've certainly bought into a design and a concept.

I'm posting this merely to explain my change to trade status, as target customers would not be members or viewers of this forum. I imagine those with a driving interest in the subject would consider putting a system together for themselves as being part of the fun.

www.electricbeachaudio.com

The intention is to produce a modular offer for TV and movie sound, but one that is fundamentally musical, giving a notable viewing experience and impressive music replay in a combination that has at least some arguements in the debate for living room space. All speakers will be built to order and therefore their appearance can be customised for colour and materials, within the design skeleton that I've established. The amplifier is discreet and speakers curvy with minimal drivers, so WAF is an intentional priority.
    Stealth Fidelity.

When I first heard single driver horn speakers in combination with triode amplification I loved their trademark coherency, intimacy and dynamics. It was easy to understand their somewhat marginalised following - and equally easy to understand their detractors; size, horn honk, piercing treble, light bass, narrow dispersion. The design and development by a few enthusiasts of this technology has largly removed these limitations. I found the dynamics and voice reproduction so suited to movies that the seed of a commercial idea was sown. The development of the Frugelhorn Mk3 gave the domestically acceptable design and tolerance of placement that I was looking for to realise that idea.

The sub plot is to show and make available just what can be achieved with the system equivalent of point-to-point wiring.

This venture would not have happened without the education and contacts I've had through AoS.
    If anyone in the south east would like to come and check it out on behalf of the forum, you're more than welcome.
    Steve & Valerie

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm Alan.

Good luck Steve, I really hope it takes off for you.

I did toy with the idea of building valve amps commercially some while back, but the start up wonga needed to do it properly was sadly missing

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm David.

Nice website Steve, I can only imagine the guy who designed that was some sort of genius
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Steve.

Yeah, top job mate. And a bloody nice bloke! I'd put that copywriter on a retainer sharpish though
    Steve & Valerie

I'm David.

haha...

Pleased you like it anyway!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Julian.

Hang on, something wrong here - a hi-fi designer actually thinking about web-site design? And trying to offer great value for money??
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Steve.

Doomed to failure

To be fair though, I'm no designer, well only cosmetics. Merely presenting the great designs of others in an accessible form. Maybe I can be excused.
    Steve & Valerie

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Hang on, something wrong here - a hi-fi designer actually thinking about web-site design? And trying to offer great value for money??
    The audiophile industry is so backward when it comes to web design it makes my job easy ... especially for people like Steve!
    Stunning looking speakers where easy to take photos of, then we just built the site around the pictures and made it do some snazzy scrolling ... easy, but effective

I'm ILOB.

Wishing you all the best in the venture
    I heard a bit of what Steve was doing last summer and was very impressed by the sound and finish
    I look forward to popping over again and sharing my thoughts
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Julian.

PM sent to Hamish
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast