+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bi wiring Speakers

I'm Stephen.

Hi Marvan,

My advice is to "suck it 'n' see!"

The benefits of bi-wiring are, in most cases, audible; especially if you're playing at volumes where the bass cones are really shifting somewhat. The benefit tends to be negligable at quiet volumes.

regards

Stephen

I'm Tirthankar.

Default Re: Bi wiring Speakers

From what I have experienced it depends very much on the speakers. Speakers like Vienna Acoustics won't even allow you to bi wire since they only have a single input. While B&W recommends that their speakers be bi wired for best performance.

I bi wired mine and have noticed considerable improvement in low frequency control and reduction of high frequency fatigue. So I will also say try it out and see if it works for you.
    JRiver Media Center with WASAPI(Event) - Asus Essence STX coax - XLO Ultra 4 - PS Audio DL3 (Cullen 4 mod) - VDH D102 mk3 - DIY Stepped Attenuator - VDH D102 mk3 - Quad 306 - AQ Indigo 2 Hyperlitz Biwire - B&W CDM1se = Musical Bliss

I'm Marvan.

Gents (so far)
    Thank you for your kindness and helpful comments
    Food for thought
    I shall keep you updated
    Cheers
    Marvan

You will notice a difference bi-wiring. Take care as I did and thought it was better due to "Ive changed something it must be better thing us Hifi fanatics can suffer". I was using Linn K400 cable which is a dedicated biamp/wire cable and about as good as have found for the money. I recently single wired my speakers using just the bottom section of the K400 placing the jumpers on (carefully of course!) and to my amazement and annoyance the sound was far more OF A WHOLE, image had more solidity and bass was tighter more rhythmical. Basically in my case biwireing actually confused the sound. I then bought some Sterling black Mamba speaker cable and can see me ever changing it to be honest as its fantastic and one of the few cables to be significantly better than the Linn K400 stuff.

If you are using mono block amps or say Linn/Arcam type bi amping using another power amp then it sounds better but thats bi amping.
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12