+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animated Avatars

I'm Andrei.

Default Animated Avatars

the Escape thing did not work for me but I have found a good solution.

It is Adblock. That is a Chrome extension. I am running Google Chrome on Windows 7 64 bit professional. No doubt available for firefox and IE as well. The great thing is that it works whenever the same 'advertisement' appears. You simply right click the image and then click the default "Block It". The only potential downside is that it take away the whole picture, and does not merely stop the animation.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Works on Firefox, but it's not my default browser....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by royzak View Post
    I'm using Firefox on a Mac.
    I'm using Firefox on Windows 8. Works for me.

I'm Paul.

There is a Chrome extension that enables ESC key to stop animations.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...baneikda?hl=en

I'm Rick.

Hitting the Esc works for me!!!

But my issue with avatars is different.

When a member has an avatar of a beautiful woman, how do I get that woman to my home without her clothing??!!
    Rick.

Kenwood KD-650 w/ Denon DL-103 (wood body, Soundsmith elliptical retip), Lite Audio DAC-83 & LT-1 Transport, Luxman M-05 Pure Class 'A' Amplifier, Luxman C-05 preamplifier, Yamaha NS-1000M (beautifully refinished and upgraded) on custom made wood stands.

I once met a woman who would put up with me...so I married her!

MartinT Guest

Esc works on IE10 and, I'm fairly sure, earlier versions of IE.

I'm Deleted.

As animated avatars are so popular....

Account Deleted

MartinT Guest

Esc. Dead.

I'm Roy.

Yeh great, thank you Chrome sorted too. I can now read long posts without irritating flashing baubles.

I'm Deleted.

Or, alternatively, you could just click off the thread...

Joking asside, this forum is hardly over-run with animated avatars (are there even two?); extremely lengthy sinatures, now that is a different matter...there seem to be pages of those...
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast