+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Father-in-laws New bed buddy

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Default Father-in-laws New bed buddy

My father-in-law has been taken into Hospital awaiting a major op, he has been on his own in a ward since Friday and generally feeling pretty crap as you would with a 40 degree temp and severe bowel/bladder troubles, but he has stabalised now and they have brought the op forward to this week, the main thing is that he is now bored with no one to talk to out of very limited visiting hours.

Anyway i will cut to the chase a larger than life man turned up yesterday and they got talking as you do, now my father-in-law loves his music and we enjoy listening to some stuff together, i have on numerous occasions try to point him in the right direction and set him up with a decent system without success, although they use my old Project Turntable with a cambridge phono stage, they went and bought a Bose instead last month .

Right back on track, his new friend mentioned that he was a session guitarist and played with a few people over the years, my wife looked him up on her iphone when visiting today and this is what she found.

http://www.bigjimsullivan.com/

The records he played on are increadable

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/rock-of-ages0/

What an interesting man, my father-in-law has cheered up no end especially as his new bed buddy has met Elvis as well
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Mark.

something wrong here, cant get the links to work for me :-(

Hope your fil is not in Worthing Hospital?

ATB

Mark

I'm Mike.

All links working ok for me.

Big Jim is a very very good player, I've seen him live and have his Cd's.

Hope it works out for your father-in-law.

Regards

Mike

+ Reply to Thread