+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone heard the Mullard 12AX7 reissue?

I'm Mikkel.

Quote Originally Posted by hal55 View Post
    Which brings me full circle to the Mullard reissues!
    Thanks for the link, very interesting.
    Actually need to thank my wife who divined that Mullards would be my best choice after doing a tarot reading for me (true - believe it or not).
    Hal55
    Good move !

I'm Hal.

Just to cap off, the Mullards arrived last week, they only have some 5-10hrs usage to date but I'm really happy with them already. No discernable grain and a lovely musical presentation that now makes the Shuguangs sound surprisingly coloured and mechanical. Robert Cray "Strong Persauder" album, that used to sound as though he and the band were reading the sheet music as they played, now bounces along with an infectious boogie while piano and strings are greatly improved. The Yaqin MS22B, all of $180 which makes it dirt cheap, is now a great sounding unit that I'm eager to sit in front of and I'm hoping to get a Denon DL110 HOMC in the reasonably near future.
    Not sure the valves are very "hifi" sounding and they may be a tad flat for some, but they will do me very happily for quite some time. Final verdict on that will be when they have another fifty hours on them, but already I'm one happy camper.

Hal55

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123