+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mortgage

I'm Simon.

We have about £127k to go but live a frugal life, we'll have that fecker paid off in 10 years.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Yep , pay that mortgage off as quickly as you are able to ! That's my advice .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I paid mine off last June after realizing that the endowment mortgage interest repayment was far more than the interest on the money sitting in the bank. I might be broke again, but at least I no longer have to worry about how to pay the landlord or mortgage company. The last time I was in that situation was when I was living at home with my mum.

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    after all the ho hah over endowments ours just matured and it was worth hanging on for the terminal bonus . did exactly waht it said on the tin and more
    That's cheered me up a bit Phil. I have been sticking £90 a month in it for the last 21 years and it's not worth much more than I have put in so the terminal bonus is a major factor. It's all so uncertain-the way they calculate the bonus is a total mystery.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Martin.

Crikey! Doesn't seem like a year since I posted this thread. Just had the statement through, down to just over £11K. I could pay about half that off now and not leave myself too short but that would diminish my hi-fi slush fund a bit too much Interest rate is only 2.5% so it wouldn't save me much as I'm paying less than £300 a year to service the debt. Thinking about it, though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Chris.

Haven't spent much on hifi in the past year except for the T10 sut, concentrated on getting my mortgage down! Think I've down well.

You're in a good position, maybe just chip away at it over the next year or so?
    Chris

I'm Martin.

I was just totting up what I had spent on hi-fi last year and it is over 2 grand...although most of that was worth it - I think. On that basis If I quit buying hi fi and smoking and drinking I could pay it all off in two years...never going to happen though
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I was just totting up what I had spent on hi-fi last year and it is over 2 grand...although most of that was worth it - I think. On that basis If I quit buying hi fi and smoking and drinking I could pay it all off in two years...never going to happen though
    You have to have some comforts in life

I don't smoke but enjoy a pint or three , in the last year I have paid 10 grand off my mortgage ,just think of all the kit I could have bought Think I've shown great restraint or maybe common sense even

I think my expectations are lower regarding the hifi ,think a relatively modest system is all I really need .
    Chris

I'm joe.

Coming up to a year since we paid off our mortgage. Unfortunately house repairs still need to be paid for!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post

I don't smoke but enjoy a pint or three , in the last year I have paid 10 grand off my mortgage ,just think of all the kit I could have bought Think I've shown great restraint or maybe common sense even

I think my expectations are lower regarding the hifi ,think a relatively modest system is all I really need .
    Extreme common sense even. Not difficult to lose your job these days and the older you get the less likely it is you can get something else. So a good idea to have the 'roof over your head' side of things boxed off. I just don't have the self discipline.

Joe - my house could use quite a few repairs but I am hoping that I will fall down before it does.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast