+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The MCRU Music Server

I'm Rich.

If I haven't said it before Gaz, congrats on your review and I wish you every success with this venture. If you can continue to be as open and friendly with your customers as you've been in our exchanges then you'll do well.

This may be where that chap on the other forum doesn't get it, now I really don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about him but am I the only chap here who feels a bit patronised by someone accusing us of having been shilled for our gear choices.

Last time I checked I was a grown man who made his own mind up about what gear he wants to buy, listens to plenty advice and decides which to take and which to ignore. Assume most of your customers are also the same and you won't go wrong.

As for that chap, its the first time I've popped by his forum to see how they go on having heard stuff on here. Its frankly shocking and I find it insulting he thinks we're all sheep influenced by one or two members on here.

I'm known as a mellow guy but if someone came into my local and carried on the same way well you can perhaps guess how I'd respond.

Apologies for diverting the thread but when there's bullies around sometimes you have to say enough is enough.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Aye, he's movin' tae Bothwell...

Marco.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    If I haven't said it before Gaz, congrats on your review and I wish you every success with this venture. If you can continue to be as open and friendly with your customers as you've been in our exchanges then you'll do well.

This may be where that chap on the other forum doesn't get it, now I really don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about him but am I the only chap here who feels a bit patronised by someone accusing us of having been shilled for our gear choices.

Last time I checked I was a grown man who made his own mind up about what gear he wants to buy, listens to plenty advice and decides which to take and which to ignore. Assume most of your customers are also the same and you won't go wrong.

As for that chap, its the first time I've popped by his forum to see how they go on having heard stuff on here. Its frankly shocking and I find it insulting he thinks we're all sheep influenced by one or two members on here.

I'm known as a mellow guy but if someone came into my local and carried on the same way well you can perhaps guess how I'd respond.

Apologies for diverting the thread but when there's bullies around sometimes you have to say enough is enough.

Indeed, Rich. Look out, though, he's now threatening to hit you with his pensioner's bus pass:

And Richard, you are very welcome to visit me anytime, my name and address is easily available, and show me how you would react to me in your local...

When he gets *really* angry, though, he challenges you to a 'dance off', which turns briefly into a tickling contest, before becoming a full-blown mating ritual, known as elephantus concubitus. His 'opponent' enters the fray, showing off his new boob-job:

Even 30 years younger, he looked REALLY scary... Aye, about as scary as a plump, specky, baldy wee short arse could ever be:

Did he EVER have any hair, I wonder???

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rich.

If morons were moths then that forum would be a fecking lighthouse.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

synsei Guest

I wonder if universities advise their political students to study forums as examples of Dictatorships in microcosm? T'would be a rich vein of research IMO.

MartinT Guest

If aliens only read the comments to YouTube videos they would instantly wipe us out as being dangerous to the cosmos, and they'd be right!

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    If aliens only read the comments to YouTube videos they would instantly wipe us out as being dangerous to the cosmos, and they'd be right!
    You're not wrong there Martin...

I'm Lee.

I heard the server yesterday at the Bristol show, a really nice piece of kit and sounded really good with the Nick Gorham dac, it was also nice to meet Gazjam who gave me a very well detailed guided tour of the server.

If I was in the market for a dedicated server then I would look no further

Lee
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516