+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The MCRU Music Server

I'm David.

Default The MCRU Music Server

On the cover of this months Hi-Fi Choice magazine and awarded 5 stars, Jason Kennedy when reviewing the server says...

The MCRU music server proves that computer audio is a force to be reckoned with at the very highest level....

The server is configured to individual specifications, as standard it is fitted with asynchronous usb to use with an external dac
    or s-pdif with internal DAC fitted. The server has been extensively tweaked to give the best sound quality possible.

It also functions extremely well as an AV hub playing blu ray discs and will handle 4k with a suitable display connected and a blu ray drive fitted.

We have the server currently working in our dem room with the new Longdog Audio DAC playing DSD and we will be exhibiting at the
    Sound + Vision Show, Bristol where the designer of the server Mr Jamieson will be on hand to answer questions and demo the server .

The server has jriver media centre and windows 8 pre-installed so will play back DSD files when connected to a suitable DAC.

Available now on the MCRU website in silver or black, fully customizable and starting at £1550.00

I'm Gary.

Happy to help if there's any sensible queries about the Server.
    thanks.
    Gaz.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 09-02-2013 at 11:23.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I'm really not baiting here, but this thing is very expensive. Why so please?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Gary.

thats...a bit unfair boss.

It sounds extremely good.
    (Hence the review)

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Sorry I asked now
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice one Gaz, look forward to hearing it sometime.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I don't think £1500 is excessive for what it does. You would have to pay that sort of money for a decent CD player and a similar amount for a good turntable, arm and cartridge.

Think I would prefer the option of a BNC S/PDIF output to an external DAC.
    Barry

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I'm really not baiting here, but this thing is very expensive. Why so please?
    The server can replace a blu ray player, it can store all your movies on a seperate NAS drive and read them from there, it can store 1000's of FLAC's, it allows you to listen to spotify or last f.m or 1000's of internet radio stations, it is a pc so you can read your e-mails etc, some other manufacturers charge double for less functionality so "expensive" is not really the correct word as taken in context for what the server provides it is exceptionally good value for money and Jason Kennedy more or less said that in his review.

Nick dropped his new DAC off recently so I am currently listening to DSD material (who else offers that currently from a music server, no one I know of) so DSD capable can be added to the server's capabilities and we never even told Jason Kennedy that, he reviewed it based purely on 24/96 and red book cd in the form of flacs and still said it was "a sonic stunner"

Thanks

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I don't think £1500 is excessive for what it does. You would have to pay that sort of money for a decent CD player and a similar amount for a good turntable, arm and cartridge.

Think I would prefer the option of a BNC S/PDIF output to an external DAC.
    Sitting in your listening chair with a remote (ipad,android phone,keyboard with mouse built in,tablet pc etc) you would not have to get up to change the cd, you can read your e-mails, listen to spotify, browse artist information while track is playing, even download some music at the same time, and to my ears a properly configured server will blow most cd players out of the water anyway.

The only thing it does not do is make a cup of tea so you would have to get out of your chair for that!

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Nice one Gaz, look forward to hearing it sometime.
    Will bring it to owston in May chief, perhaps you can share a car with Gaz?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast