Right then, I've read my way through the zillions of relevant pages on here, so I suspect I know the answer but I'm going to ask the question anyway as it would be good to get some confirmation before I start spending.

As I've mentioned in my intro I'm trying to breathe life into my limp, metallic Arcam CD37T CDP so I'm now thinking DAC (with the Arcam as transport). I'm after vocals that sound like the artist is singing in the room, rather than in the room playing a recording of themselves singing. But mostly I want to feel, even with medium pace music at moderate volumes, like I'm being repeatedly punched in the stomach. I get the vocals and a little of the violence with my ancient budget Sony CDP so I know the rest of the system (Nad C352 amp, Kef IQ5Se's) can deliver, but with the Sony I don't get the detail or soundstaging of the Arcam. i.e. I want the best of both worlds ... but preferably more so.

Contenders, based on price, ease of acquiring and comments on here and elsewhere, are the Beresford 7510, 7520 or the DacMagic. I get the distinct impression from reading through threads on here that the 7520 may be the closest to what I'm after and the DacMagic will be too genteel.

Or am I misguided and they will all take the sound in the wrong direction for me - I get the impression they'll sort out the vocals but are they all a bit too calm? Is there a different easily-available DAC at this price-point I should be considering instead?

Cheers for any input.

(Apologies if "being punched in the stomach" isn't the recognised term for what I'm after, but its the best description I can come up with! I'm not talking about ear-ripping shrieking or earth-shaking rumbling but inner blood-racing pit-of-the-stomach thumping .)