+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Universal remote controller

I'm Mike.

+ 1 for the logitech, we have two harmony ones in our house just over three years old. They both developed the same problem with the battery just before Christmas, contacted logitech for advice. Two of the latest model dispatched free of charge within 72 hours, top class service.

Mike

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Mike was the battery problem a loose battery causing reboots by any chance?
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
    Mike was the battery problem a loose battery causing reboots by any chance?
    No, it stopped holding charge and when I tried to remove the battery with a view to replace it, I found that it had swollen and jammed in the slot.

Mike

I'm Antonio.

Thank you all again. I ended up by getting a Philips SRU9600/10 which looks cool besides...
    If I can't make it work I have a queue of family asking of it..!!
    Cheers
    EERA DL2 | Wadia 15 | MFA V2 | Pass Aleph 3 | Darling 1626 | Audio Note J | Magnepan SMGa
    Aktyna DynARIS | XLO | Nagys Audio | Anti-Cables (speakers) | Hamlet | Kimber | JPS Cable | DHLabs

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioJ View Post
    Thank you all again. I ended up by getting a Philips SRU9600/10 which looks cool besides...
    If I can't make it work I have a queue of family asking of it..!!
    Cheers
    Not seen the Philips remotes, as they are not so popular here, I think.

Looks nice

Let us know what you think.
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm Antonio.

Hi Martin,
    got it back to the shop. All remotes seem to be made with TV and ancilliary in mind. None made to hifi specifics. It was a nightmare setting the remote to control a Cyrus tuner having -even- the code table. No way.
    What I'm thinking now is to design and build my own remote to control my hifi devices alone. Cannot be so difficult.
    I'll let you know if I make it!
    Rgds
    Antonio
    EERA DL2 | Wadia 15 | MFA V2 | Pass Aleph 3 | Darling 1626 | Audio Note J | Magnepan SMGa
    Aktyna DynARIS | XLO | Nagys Audio | Anti-Cables (speakers) | Hamlet | Kimber | JPS Cable | DHLabs

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Default Universal remote controller

The harmony one seems to better suit hifi than the others hence the couple of endorsements
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Martin.

Im pretty sure the Harmony will do exactly what you want to do. No problem.

It's the business and if there's a function missing or not quite right, you can easily set it up using the original remote or get the harmony remote tech support to sort it for you.

Can you get the Harmony remotes locally?

Cheers,
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm Lee.

I use I Logitech Harmony Touch.

Looks and feels great, and I can honestly say it's really good.

It can do pretty much everything you could think of, other than RF which MAY be a problem if you need to switch on your puter.

Personally I purchased a MCE remote from Maplins for 9.99 - it's IR and can do all the main functions

I'm Laurence.

As an alternative to the Harmony, try the Philips Prestigo range - I have the SRU8008 and it works just fine for me. Quite a bit cheaper and it has the learning function rather than an online database, with quite a lot of makes preloaded (including, say, Naim which I didn't expect). Those that aren't preloaded are a bit of a faff though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast