+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A cable thread for Rega system owners.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Been using z plugs for years now
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nuno.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    The speaker cable is flattish and £14.98 per mtr. 250 strands of OFC, 4 mm square section and that's it. Both cables are German made I believe but don't quote me on that.
    Do you have anymore information about the Rega Duet?Is it a German cable and if so what?

I'm Dave.

Nothing, other than it's custom made for Rega.

I'm Alan.

I was using silly priced Kimber Monocle XL speaker cable in my system and wondered about the Rega Duet. In it went and in it stays. Just gets out of the way of the music making. Great cable! System sounding better than ever. Of course that is for this month.

I'm Dave.

Rega Duet is a very good and reasonably priced cable.

I'm Ben.

Default Anyone have a Rega Mains cable clone to sell or can build for me?

Mains Cables
    For the mains I settled on some homemade clones of Rega’s own high end mains cables which are apparently shipped with the flagship Osiris amplifier. All the stuff came courtesy of MCRU and rather than post links I’ll just say they were made from Lapp cable, Martin Kaiser Brass Plated IECs and MK brass plated toughplugs. Pretty straightforward construction with the braid connected at the ground pin of the plug end, used a bit wire casing and solder to connect to the earth cable and keep the job tidy. The cable ends were tinned with a little solder so the small pins got a good grip. For the DAC I use a cloverleaf IEC to C5 adaptor also supplied by MCRU.
    I also tried some other homemade cables made from Black Rhodium Fusion Cable, Kaiser Silver Plated IECs and MK silver plated tough plugs. Also tried the stock Rega cables the components came with.

Would like to try a budget orientated Rega mains clone like this chap made for himself. Does anyone have one to sell or would be willing to build?

I'm Gary.

There was more to the Rega cable than just that...but Dave' s wire wasn't a million miles off.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678