Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Security Problem?

I'm Geoff.

Default Site Security Problem?

When I visited AOS this morning, my anti-virus immediately flagged up suspicious activity, which I blocked (I should have written down what it was I suppose). Also, a Java update was presented, which I also blocked, as I've already just updated mine and suspect the file may have been something else.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Nick.

Default Site Security Problem?

If anyone else could post up any observations I'd be grateful. Martin, can you check your AV logs? Thank you.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

MartinT Guest

I've checked my AV logs and there's nothing. I've been all over the site this morning.

Geoff - a rogue page may have been in your browser's internet cache. Could you please empty it and try visiting AoS again? It would also be useful to know which page you visited when you received the warning.

A Java update is probably not related - it often presents an update for installation.

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    I've checked my AV logs and there's nothing. I've been all over the site this morning.

Geoff - a rogue page may have been in your browser's internet cache. Could you please empty it and try visiting AoS again? It would also be useful to know which page you visited when you received the warning.

A Java update is probably not related - it often presents an update for installation.

Martin, not being as clued up on the complete workings of my PC as you guys are, how do you ascertain whether a Java update is the the real deal? I get informed that I 'You have an update' on a regular basis from Java and when I start the initial process of seeing what it is all about I get notification that 'down loading this site could cause damage to my computer' I therefore do not carry on the process of downloading, more than a probability that I'm restricting performance? I'm normally a jovial old codger but I due err on being a cautious one as well. Can I please ask a clued up youngster, such as you, if I'm being over cautious.... thankee

I'm Neal.

Go to the Java site and check there...
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

MartinT Guest

Yes. In addition, you will only get Java updates if you installed Java in the first place. There will be an orange icon in your system tray (Windows). If in doubt, install it from the Java website.

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Go to the Java site and check there...
    Thanks Neil, will do

I'm Ron.

Martin and Neal (Neal, sorry I misspelled your name first time around), have just downloaded 'Java' for free, I could not find it in my files. Checked it out first using my Norton Internet Security... got a clean bill of health result. Thanks for the help

I'm Geoff.

The suspicious activity warnings seemed to have stopped a day or so ago, but despite having cleared all the temporary file clutter a number of times over the last recently via the 'temporary internet files and history settings' facility and 'disc cleanup' and 'cache cleaner' (which each seem to find different stuff), also running a registry repair app. and doing a deep scan for spyware/malware etc. The AOS site was still causing problems, i.e. page freezing and slowness. I did a one week system restore (its XP) and things hopefully seem to be back to normal. Not getting any more Java updates being offered now either. Dunno what was up though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Still getting asked if I want to download Java update 7/11 and the whole page freezes if I try to close the yellow bar at the top asking me to run the 'add on'.
    I've already been to the Java website and downloaded this update, so something funny is going on. Only occurs when I go on AOS.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast