+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Audio P10 - the beast has landed

I'm Mike.

Default PS Audio P10 - the beast has landed

Tinkering away at the front end of my system and after some thought and comparing my PPP to a mains block I decided a P10 would be a good move, courtesy of Martin T's review of a few months ago

Arrived Thursday evening in the back of Trevor from Guildford Hifi's car.

It is big and heavy.
    It would *just* fit into my Mana rack as Plan A, but I decided it was too tight given the weight and glass, plug overhang and ease of moving.

Plugged in and tried one track from Mavis. Sounded good, but I wasn't expecting much. Played various not so familiar music until today then albums I know.

So how was it after being left on for just over 2 days ?

Somewhere between surprising and stunning.
    Way more detail, bass that seems to be connected directly to the earth below. Some little details shocked me because there was never any clue they were there before.

I wasn't going to review this soon as I expected it to take a while to come on song.
    If it gets that much better from this level it will be stunning.
    Not cheap and maybe you could manage with a P5, but you really should audition one if you can
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm ILOB.

Also worth putting a really good mains cable on this no idea why it should matter on something like this but it does
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Also worth putting a really good mains cable on this no idea why it should matter on something like this but it does
    Oh yes I have an Ultimate stiffy, 2.6 from MCRU

I couldn't see why a good mains cable was so important, (surely ?) as the mains was being taken to pieces and put back together right, but did the testing and blow me so it was ...

Best cable of the lot has to go on the regenerator
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm ILOB.

Yes totally agree with your findings that has also been my experience
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm Paul.

Glad to hear you are finding the same as the other P10 owners here, in my system it is fundamentally necessary, introducing distortion and dc into the signal path is never a good idea.
    Z:Axis Audio
    British made Cabling and High End Audio Support Systems and the New 'Symetrica' balanced Power Supply.

UK Distributor for Concert Fidelity Inc Japan & Aidas Audio Phono Cartridges
    UK supplier for: Z:Axis Audio; Concert Fidelity

Personal System:
    Mains - Symetrica by Z:Axis Audio - A game changer!
    CD Transport - Ayon CD-T2
    DAC - Ayon Stratos Refrence
    TT - Sony TTS 8000 /SAEC WE 506/30 / Aidas MC Cartridges
    Phonostage - RCM Audio Theriaa & Sensor2
    Pre - Concert Fidelity 080LSX2 & CLS050 Hybrid valve/SS ultra short signal path technology.
    Power - Concert Fidelity ZL-200 Mono's.
    Loudspeakers - Franco Serblin Ktema.
    Support System - Z:Axis Audio Grand Mirage 98.8
    Cabling - All our own; Z:Axis B52 Reference, Infinity Reference Digital, Livewire Loudspeaker & Xer0 Power Cabling.

Demonstration sessions welcome by appointment.

I'm Andrew.

Just finished reading a comment with regards to the P10 and ATC active speakers. Several ATC owners have commented on how the P10 made NO difference whatsoever. I wonder why this could be..?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm ILOB.

Not every system needs mains treatment In the past I had equipment that for whatever reason would not work with my PS P500
    With anything like this it best to try in your system first

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yes totally agree with your findings that has also been my experience
    What sort of difference did you hear after 1 and 2 weeks ?

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-A View Post
    Glad to hear you are finding the same as the other P10 owners here, in my system it is fundamentally necessary, introducing distortion and dc into the signal path is never a good idea.
    I wonder if I have more problems with an overhead mains supply - and therefore more of an improvement

Mike

I'm ILOB.

I had only the P500 so unable to really answer the question as so long ago, with the Balanced mains it was straight away no burn in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast