+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tapatalk question

I'm Nick.

Agreed. The odd thing is it looks like it should all work. There's only a Forum Name, URL and Description that can be entered! I'll see if tweaking one of them makes it result in a more intuitive search outcome
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Nick.

Ok., this is definitely an issue with the way the Tapatalk network handles searches for signed-up forums.

It's likely that the fact our name is made up of a number of short and common words ('the' and 'of', and 'art', less common but short) is causing them to get dropped when the search runs.

- theartofsound works
    - "The Art of Sound" with quotes works.
    - "Art of Sound" with quotes works.

Art of Sound / The Art of Sound (without quotes) doesn't work.

Capitalisation doesn't seem to make any difference.

I will raise this with Tapatalk support because I don't think it's really acceptable to be defacto excluded from the obvious default search results.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    Ok., this is definitely an issue with the way the Tapatalk network handles searches for signed-up forums.

It's likely that the fact our name is made up of a number of short and common words ('the' and 'of', and 'art', less common but short) is causing them to get dropped when the search runs.

- theartofsound works
    - "The Art of Sound" with quotes works.
    - "Art of Sound" with quotes works.

Art of Sound / The Art of Sound (without quotes) doesn't work.

Capitalisation doesn't seem to make any difference.

I will raise this with Tapatalk support because I don't think it's really acceptable to be defacto excluded from the obvious default search results.
    Your on it the message I got said More unique words or url and caps made no difference.

I'm Nick.

Issue raised with Tapatalk support. Further to my original post, the premium version of Tapatalk (Tapatalk 2) doesn't respect the quote marks in the same way the original app does. So two issues for them to look at.
    Nick
    My system...

MartinT Guest

The problem must be with the Tapatalk client, Nick. I've just double-checked by searching Board Express Pro with the string art of sound (as typed, no quotes, with or without 'the') and it finds us easily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12