+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Teac VRDS

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonneville View Post
    My understanding is that the T1 and T7 are essentially the same, the T1 being a transport only which could have been paired with a matching Teac DT1 DAC.
    Does anyone have experience of the DT1?

Am wondering if the DT1 would still be a good choice in terms of partnering a VRDS with a DAC ...
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Tristan.

Nordost pulsar points work well on mine.

I'm Philip.

[IMG]http://[/IMG]Here is my Teac P700.

I'm Paul.

My TEAC VRDS7 has developed a problem. Stopped in middle of Cd and then became erratic reading discs though usually reading TOC and then unable to access higher numbered tracks. While trying to diagnose problem draw became jerky then suddenly stuck and there is a grating noise. Think it's the gears that run the draw mech. Any suggestions on repairers or is this problem likely to be terminal due to parts availability. I just aquired the matching DT1 Dac and was listening to this so this is frustrating to say the least.

Paul.

I'm Julian.

I had the grating sound with my cdp and it turned out to be draw belts needed replacing. I had the work done by Deco Audio who were excellent. Worth giving Peter a call to discuss parts availability. Always best if you can take the player in yourself to avoid courier damage which cdp's can be very susceptible to..
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Paul.

Julian.

I have found a T1 transport at a good price which I'm buying for Insurance and maybe an improvement. Didn't notice it when picking but one of the feet pads on the dac has been ripped off. Found some sorbothane pads to replace them. Research has revealed that there may be an issue if a toothed cog has gone on VRDS mechs - remember this model is nearly 20 years old. I have asked advice from another repairer but will try Deco if I don't get anywhere. If I take it to Frank Harvey in Cov it will prob cost £40 just to look at it though they did manage to repair similar fault over 10 years ago. Anyway had the 7 running long enough to establish DAC is very good sounding given a well mastered CD.

Paul.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345