+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heybrook 'TT2'

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Have any of you ever compared an LP12 to a TT2 with the same arm and cartridge in the same system?

I'd like to hear the results of that

Marco.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Have any of you ever compared an LP12 to a TT2 with the same arm and cartridge in the same system?

I'd like to hear the results of that

Marco.
    Some will obviously say they sound the same because of the simular look, but do they ech!, looking at the construction even without playing the 'TT2' will tell you it doesn't sound the same.

All that you see inside is a chunk of chipboard bonded together from 3 pieces .The top board is 3/4 ply as is the armboard, Motor mounting plate is behind the platter, platter is lighter than the linn.The armboard is not held on with 3 shitty screws like the Linn it's bolted on with studs from the board.

Last edited by Vinyl Grinder; 21-02-2008 at 12:05. Reason: Spelling

I'm Guy.

I've still got a Mk2 I take out occasionally. Its had various different arms on it including an SMEV and the Rega. For the kind of deck it is, it works quite well, reasonably stable sounding with a less obvious signature than the LP12's I've had here.

Never did a side by side with the same arm though.

Yes, but how does it compare to the SP10?

Marco.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    I've still got a Mk2 I take out occasionally. Its had various different arms on it including an SMEV and the Rega. For the kind of deck it is, it works quite well, reasonably stable sounding with a less obvious signature than the LP12's I've had here.

Never did a side by side with the same arm though.
    Next time you take the bottom off, can you take a picture of it? I've never seen a mark two, and I would be interested to see what was done to my original design. Who designed the changes?

I've not seen one either, I'd be intrested too as theres a couple of things i'm not happy about

looks a bit bigger than the original design also the underside seems to be set in a lot more.
    Last edited by Vinyl Grinder; 21-02-2008 at 22:48.

I'd definitely have that TT2 to most LP12s I've heard. I thought Heybrook also made some excellent speakers. Does anyone remember those?

Marco.

I'd definitely have that TT2 to most LP12s I've heard. I thought Heybrook also made some excellent speakers. Does anyone remember those?

Marco.
    Original 'HB-1' & 'HB-3' Please..

Which ones were the big-ish stand-mount types? They had a fairly big bass unit, if I remember...

I had a pair of those and they sounded fab!

Marco.

Which ones were the big-ish stand-mount types? They had a fairly big bass unit, if I remember...

I had a pair of those and they sounded fab!

Marco.
    Original 'HB-3'

Here's a sorry looking pair...I prefered the sound of the original 'HB-1' to those tho.I keep saying original as Heybrook have re-introduced modern version's of these models..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast