Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

You've got your work cut out with that one!

Marco.
No, I disagree. The major parts of the TT2 were very substantial and unstressed, so I can't really think of anything that's likely to have suffered that much other than cosmetically. If it's had a really heavy bash then I guess the sub-platter could wobble on top of the spindle, but that could be dealt with. The only thing I can think of that would be a real problem would be if any of the rubber spring mountings needed replacing. They were specially moulded for the TT2 and would be hard to replicate.
The only parts that would be subject to wear would be the motor, belt and bearing. The motor could be replaced with a DC jobbie, a swift call to Heybrook will procure a belt (I bought one last year, so they're still around), and as I said above, in the unlikely event of the bearing needing replacing, any competent engineering shop could knock up a new one. I could let you know more details of the bearing construction if need be, although I don't have the original drawings. Should have kept them when I left...