+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm mark.

Apologies for the delay, feet haven’t touched the ground since Friday, only had 20 mins at home yesterday, but enough time to open a jiffy with goodies in them.

I’ll get on the testing ASAP, with a Longdog phono for starters, then when my Paradise has visited Si again I’ll make final choices.

Been lucky enough to buy an Accuphase AC5, a bit special when I’ve heard it�� but another cart that deserves bespoke settings.

I'm jamie.

Sweet, just so you know si told me the actual loading is about 10% less than the value of the resistor
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Simon.

We'll do it by ear Mark, always best, and we'll leave you with a few adjacent values to roll.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

All matched up and ready to hit the shelf until someone comes along and make an enquiry.

Very possibly the last one
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm jamie.

someone should jump in quick and buy it,you really would not regret it and its end game.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Andrew.

This should go pretty quickly.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Simon.

I'm sure a suitably discerning vinylphile will be along presently, there always is.

I'm Sandro.

Attachment 28708Would a 1.1 mV output cartridge overload The Paradise ?

Time will tell

I'm Michael.

With much work from Simon solving some challenging issues, my Paradise is finally working. I suffered a lot of frustration trying to match the input transistors and got fed up with it and it lingered in my loft for years. I wish I'd sent Si the boards a long time ago.
    Anyway after recabling the amps and installing new umbilicals to the prereg I constructed it's finally up and running.
    I'm listening with my ZMF Vérité headphones and a Whammy amp plus Border Patrol pre. No hum and quiet as a mouse.
    I changed the pre reg droppers to 57 ohms which gives me 27V into the psus. I read somewhere Si uses 26.5v and the max recommended on diy-audio is 28V. No heatsinks reading above 50c so should be fine unless someone tells me otherwise.
    May do a bit of fettling on the pre-reg - like the ringing damping mod for the mains transformers if it's likely to have any effect on SQ. Will also try experimenting with the cart loading resistance. Running 100 ohm with a Transfiguration cart. Sounds amazing right now.

Update - Listening to Variations Andrew Lloyd Webber. ........Sublime
    Simon - you are a wizard with these phono amps. The designers did quite well too!
    Last edited by Avinunca1; 02-09-2023 at 17:33.

I'm Martin.

Simon knows his stuff and it is certainly one of the best phono stages there is.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread