+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Alan.

SQ is that a Russian military 1% polystyrene for the base

Very nice build BTW and on the subject of the dales in one of my Linear Audio books the found the Dale RN65 RN60 to be ultra low distortion and a reference sample

I'm Jim.

Simon -

May we see some more photos of the whole project? What you have shown us looks great so far!

Thanks,
    Jim

I'm Simon.

Which project? The making useless electronics tat with my daughter or the new phonostage?
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

All wired and fired and awaiting cases.

Close up of one channel.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Alan.

Lovely job on the phono boards, dont know when Im goning to get round to building mine but they look like a quality bit of kit so I need to make time.
    The matching of the transistors sounds like a nightmare did you buy extra ones to the kit ?.
    What do you think of the sound from them so far?

Alan

I'm Simon.

Alan they sound great. I ended up buying another 800 transistors to get enough good matches for my own boards and for Joe's build. The GB parts appear to have been sorted a few times already all the 400 hfe units have been removed leaving just junk. I suggest you buy a load of new from Mouser, they are well matched.

I do of course have a 1000 spare you are welcome to sift through, i also have caps for the RIAA stage you can have and an Atlas meter if you need to borrow one just let me know.

They sound bloody great, not sure i have the correct cart loading applied yet, they actually sounded better with no cart loading caps than with 3.3n, more fiddling yet.

I'm Alan.

Jeeps 800 extra, looks like Ill have to put an order in thanks for the tip.
    I have a couple of meters that do HFE and a Peak meter so im Ok there but thanks for the offer.
    What are you going to put it all in one or two enclosures?

Alan

I'm Simon.

Three of these.

Not sure what to do about lighting the front panel yet.... No doubt I request the services of Mr Holterman.

I'm Alan.

Nice , they be FlatP cases are they?

Alan

I'm Simon.

Indeed they are. Drop me your postal address and I'll stick you a set of 33n and 11n caps in the post for the RIAA.

Si

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast