+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY phonostage.

I'm Keith.

Well I think Jamie is the most up to date and will not need any upgrading for a good while. I got on board pre Calvin buffers and with an earlier psu arrangement so get your point about upgrading.
    I think mine does not need any upgrades at the minute but I am sure Simon would advise. I do like the look of those zfoils in the riaa though!
    KR
    Keith
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm Simon.

Keith, z-foils, Calvins, and cart loading via back panel RCA plug would bring you bang up to date. I have Boards and probably most parts for Calvins except heatsinks.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Simon.

This one's in for an update.

Back panel legends fitted

loading plugs fitted to back panel.

Calvins hard mounted to the case

New hand wound inductor to replace the original ferrite cored part

New power resistors fitted to up the current from the shunt, also trimmed them with smaller parts to get exact match.

Taken LED from CCS of shunt out to bottom of panel, recessed and machined hole in sleeve so that it illuminates gently beneath the front edge of the case when its powered up.

Cases refinished.

One channel done, one to go.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm mark.

Will you be able to shoehorn Calvins into mine ? Mickey's moved the game along, gotta keep up

I'm jamie.

hi si,
    the 280 loading plugs arrived today,cheers mate much appreciated i think they are on the money,my paradise has started to really open up now,i reckon i have put about 15 hrs on it since you dropped it off.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Simon.

You've still a way to go Jamie, I reckon based on the remaining DC offset that it would be another 30 hours from when it was installed till those caps were fully formed.

I had a feeling the 280r would be on the money. If you're sure they're right then knock a set up with decent plugs and 1n wima film cap on them like my Eichmanns. JLE's should be perfect.

Mark, can do. I'd struggle to hard mount them in your current case though..

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    You've still a way to go Jamie, I reckon based on the remaining DC offset that it would be another 30 hours from when it was installed till those caps were fully formed.

I had a feeling the 280r would be on the money. If you're sure they're right then knock a set up with decent plugs and 1n wima film cap on them like my Eichmanns. JLE's should be perfect.

Mark, can do. I'd struggle to hard mount them in your current case though..
    What is the 1n cap for?

I'm Micky.

It’s gone back to its maker Mark ! Not that there was any thing wrong with sound wise ...I felt like I needed some small upgrades and Simon as the pics show is doing a first class job ...Highly recommended!! Meanwhile back to the Lp 12��

I'm mark.

Loading seems a black art, Jamie Art 7 and 280 ohms ?? I've got AT37 and while its still silent (0.1mv) with 100 ohm loading, theres more to come?

Si, I will hear either Sap7, or Mickey's in the new year.
    We heard Mickeys vs AlanT's at Nebo, Mickey's more precise but the jury was out which was more tuneful.

I'm mark.

re; loading; worthwhile posting a sticky somewhere to values that work?
    I'm set at 100 ohms, prolly a bit too much?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast