+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Early CD Player Recommendations?

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I remember one player i used to lust after, it was a Micro Seiki CDM-100, was a beautiful looking player, the woodwork was to die for...simular finish/styling to Marco's spinner.This picture don't do it justice..

http://www.thevintageknob.org/THEVAU...00/CDM100.html

I was a total tosser ten years or so ago!!! I'd owned my CD-M2 for several years and the friend who sold it to me offered me his CD-M100 for £500 in "as new" condition.

The CD-M100 has larger output transformers on the preferred balanced outs and the display can be turned off as well, which improved things subtly with a wide-open system. The main advantage over my player was this extra weight and extension/power in the bass, although mine has bass weight over other late eighties references like the Sony 555es for example.

My system then was bass-laden and the CD-M100 took it too far. I turned it down and could kick myself now!!!!!! What a pr@t to turn it down - in better nick than mine too.......

Micro-Seiki replaced the '2 and '100 with the CD-X2000, which looked like a piece of lab equipment - all bruched aluminium and a cold blue display. I believe only one was sold in the UK and another mate bought it. The sound was even more refined, but this sample had problems with the mech which Ab Sounds were reluctant to fix satisfactorily. I think Micro-Seiki may have folded shortly after, but cannot be sure.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I was a total tosser ten years or so ago!!! I'd owned my CD-M2 for several years and the friend who sold it to me offered me his CD-M100 for £500 in "as new" condition.

Dave you can't use that wurd on AOS

Micro Seiki were active well upto early 2000's

I'm Nick.

You can if it's Shrove Tuesday
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Hi!

I was busy with the "documents" section within my website, these days.

I am searching for vintage CD players magazine reviews, in English language, to add to this section.

I wondered if some of you would take some time to have a look at their archive?

Here is the section in which these documents would take place (only French documents by now):

http://vintage-audio-laser.com/-La-n...pact-#sommaire

Thanks a lot.
    Stan.

I'm Nobody.

Cool got anything on the Sony CDP-557ESD & CDP-X7ESD two my fav Sony machines?

Hi Andre!

Yes it's ok! anything concerning early or 80's "high end" players such as yours.

Thanks
    Any contribution is welcome and the donor's name will be indicated at the bottom of the page.

Sure these English documents would please those visiting my pages, who don't spreak one word of French .
    Last edited by sisore; 17-12-2009 at 07:44.
    Stan.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by sisore View Post
    Hi Andre!

Yes it's ok! anything concerning early or 80's "high end" players such as yours.

Thanks
    Any contribution is welcome and the donor's name will be indicated at the bottom of the page.

Sure these English documents would please those visiting my pages, who don't spreak one word of French .
    Hi Stan

I don't have the machines no more i was wanting anything on them as i fancy trying locate any of them again.. Don't worry about the French you can easily work things out. Just have patience as Dimnitri told me to do

I'm ChrisB.

From The Grave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011