+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mordaunt Short Pageant Series 2.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hi Andre, I seem to remember the 'Signifier' as being a three way speaker with a 12" bass driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    they use the same bass unit as the Paegant..
    Why on earth did io say this i must be loosing it

I'm Stephen.

Looking in the 1980 November issue of Hi-Fi Answers, Sevenoaks Hi-Fi lists:

Pagents £159.95
    Festivals £114.95
    Carnivals £89.95

These must have been discounted prices as Mordaunt Shorts' own ad lists them at £206, £138 and £104 excluding V.A.T. The Signifers are listed at £608 excluding V.A.T.

Sorry about picture quality but the ad is a tad faded. Tried to sharpen them up a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr Kipling; 25-12-2012 at 17:40. Reason: Missing text.

I'm Geoff.

Why on earth did io say this i must be loosing it
    I don't think you're supposed to get on the brandy this early, it's meant to go over the Christmas pud.

I'm Chris.

Hi Shane
    Not sure, but if anyone has an Hi-Fi rag from around 1976, they could tell you. I have a pair of Pageant 2' boxed in the lock Up..I thought they were a great speaker, the 'DSB208' Bass units sounded superb..

I put the owners handbook together with a scan of the aluminium back plate, up in the library if your intrested..
    I'm interested! I can't find a manual anywhere! I am currently listening to a pair and find them astoundingly good! I just wanted a clear reference of what the toggle switches do and I am missing the aluminium back plate on my example pair. Sounding great driven by a Pioneer A-300R Precision right now.

I'm Shaun.

I remember back around 1977 having a demo of the then Pageants against IMF Super Compacts. I still to this day cannot understand why I bought the IMF's.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't think you're supposed to get on the brandy this early, it's meant to go over the Christmas pud.

I'm Richard.

I bought my first pair at LASKYS in Slough early 80s for £150. They were originally priced by them at £289. I bought a second pair off Ebay 2 or 3 years ago for 30quid. Excellent speakers. They came joint third in a survey of 30 speakers in HiFi News (or was it HiFi Answers) back in the late 70s. Very similar to the BBC Monitor Speakers LS3/5A but 10 times more sensitive.
    The toggle switches on the back trim the response. L/H switch is for Mid range * R/H switch is for Top range.
    Richard

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie_Dickie View Post
    I bought my first pair at LASKYS in Slough early 80s for £150. They were originally priced by them at £289. I bought a second pair off Ebay 2 or 3 years ago for 30quid. Excellent speakers. They came joint third in a survey of 30 speakers in HiFi News (or was it HiFi Answers) back in the late 70s. Very similar to the BBC Monitor Speakers LS3/5A but 10 times more sensitive.
    The toggle switches on the back trim the response. L/H switch is for Mid range * R/H switch is for Top range.
    Sorry, this is not true. I bought a pair of Rogers LS3/5a's 40 years ago. I also auditioned a pair of Pageants as a possible alternative to the LS3/5a's. They sounded nothing like the Rogers. I'm not saying the MS were not good, but they sounded completely different.

Geoff

I'm Richard.

Well, I like them.
    Richard

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    Sorry, this is not true. I bought a pair of Rogers LS3/5a's 40 years ago. I also auditioned a pair of Pageants as a possible alternative to the LS3/5a's. They sounded nothing like the Rogers. I'm not saying the MS were not good, but they sounded completely different.

Geoff
    Correct.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12