+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Go to first new post" icon - could it be bigger?

I'm Keith.

Default "Go to first new post" icon - could it be bigger?

Could the little "Go to first new post" icon that is displayed to the left of the thread title in the "New posts" page etc. be made any bigger? I quite often miss-click on the link to the poster's profile immediately below if I'm not careful.

Sorry to nit-pick - I guess I'm just spoiled by using Tapatalk where tapping anywhere on the thread title/last post snippit takes you to the first unread post (subject to your preferences) and find it harder when using a browser to view the forums.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Nick.

It could probably be widened without messing up the layout of the objects around it. Making it deeper would mean it would be vertically larger than the text following it, and that is likely to have unintended consequences.

It'll be interesting to see what other people have to say...
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm ChrisB.

Good idea - all sorts of folks must wonder why I'm poking around in their profiles!!

MartinT Guest

It is rather small and I sometimes get it wrong on a touch device. However, I see Nick's point in that the height must not be changed or else the formatting will go to pot.

I'm Nick.

I'm trying something out; if it doesn't feel right in the long-term I will revert to the original button graphic... let's see how it goes!
    Nick
    My system...

MartinT Guest

Great - let us know when it's implemented!

MartinT Guest

Oh - and a Ctrl-F5 later, I see that you have. Nice! Is there any chance the down-arrow can be centred?

I'm Nick.

I knew you'd ask that! I prefer it looking a bit like it's got a go-faster stripe behind it.

I think it would look slightly odd centred, though it might work with the 'shoosh' to the right...
    Nick
    My system...

MartinT Guest

It's not important! The functionality is great. I've just tested it on my Surface and it's much easier to click.

Thanks!

I'm Keith.

Yep that's an improvement. Thanks Nick
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast