+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UK 13a mains plug for large cables - any suggestions???

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Default UK 13a mains plug for large cables - any suggestions???

Hi, I've made up various mains cables for my kit using a mixture of Kimber crystal 24 and also some cheaper yarbo woven cable.
    I been terminating the iec end with either mid quality watt gate iec on the Kimber cable or cheapo copy iec on the yarbo cable mainly because the inlet and clamp terminals are of a suitable size.

At the mains outlet end, I've been using clipsal IP56 plugs again, they are large enough to accept the rather large cable, but they are no longer available. I realise there are several high end options available, but I just wondered if anyone was aware of a cheaper option on the lower grade cables I've made?? Hopefully the pics will show what I'm on about

Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Nobody.

I can only think of the Furutech plugs!

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post

At the mains outlet end, I've been using clipsal IP56 plugs again, they are large enough to accept the rather large cable, but they are no longer available.
    I have a few new ones that I never got around to doing anything with.
    send a message if interested.

The only other large size are the Furutech FI-1363.
    The straight FI-363 are more robust than the angled furutechs.

I'm scott.

Furutech fi-uk 1363 g 13amp plugs take big cables , i use them on my lessloss
    dfpc signature mains cables
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the better cables like the kimber probably warrant the furutech but maybe not the yarbo ones.

I've sent a PM mark cheers ;-)
    Ian

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

Quote Originally Posted by daytona600 View Post
    Furutech fi-uk 1363 g 13amp plugs take big cables , i use them on my lessloss
    dfpc signature mains cables
    Nice looking cables those
    Ian

I'm scott.

Sound great & they double as a tow rope for your caravan

Nice one Mark.

Arrived yesterday and fitted today (nothing else to do)! Why is everybody rushing around again?????

Ian

+ Reply to Thread