+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Post your Idler pictures here

I'm James.

Gosh this thread has been dormant for so long, nice to see something tasty turn up!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Alan.

This do as well?

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    This do as well?

Stunning Alan!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robert.

Nicely done !!
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm mark.

Default One I made earlier

301 plinth built for a Lenco lover. Beech multiplex ply, half way house (in terms of density and weight) between birch and Panzerholz, with Corian top plate

IMG_4933 by mark leatherland, on Flickr
    IMG_4934 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

And what I'm listening to now, new to me SME4 in a skeletal Panzerholz plinth.
    IMG_4960 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

I'm Keith.

Mark,
    They both look very interesting! What are the differences between those two any a "standard" Baltic Birch plinth?
    Keith
    Garrard 401, Groovemaster 2, Arche headshell, Miyajima Shilabe, Paradise Phono amp,
    Aqua La Voce dac
    Salas DCB1
    Najda active crossover and DSP.
    Crown XLi 1500 x 2 bridged, Neurochrome Mod 86 monos, Guy Sergeant Hiraga Le Monstre,
    DIY open baffle with 18" Fane Colossus XB, Beyma 12p80ND and Beyma TPL150H with BK XLS 400 sub.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    301 plinth built for a Lenco lover. Beech multiplex ply, half way house (in terms of density and weight) between birch and Panzerholz, with Corian top plate

IMG_4933 by mark leatherland, on Flickr
    IMG_4934 by mark leatherland, on Flickr

And what I'm listening to now, new to me SME4 in a skeletal Panzerholz plinth.
    IMG_4960 by mark leatherland, on Flickr
    Top one looks lovely. I am looking to try a different plinth for my 401, but I would like to be able to swap arm boards, to accommodate an SME 5, Triplanar, Graham Phantom with an SME mount. The one I currently have is an open skeletal plinth, but visually I would like something more conventional.
    Regards Neil

I'm mark.

Keith, the Panzer is beech impregnated with resin, both are harder, heavier and stronger than birch ply.
    I’ve only just got the sme4 and had the Panzar plinth with the right cutout, so changed 2 things at once. Difficult to say if it’s the arm or the plinth that’s responsible for the sound improvements.
    In the past I’ve likened Panzer to slate, very fast sounding with no overhang to the bass, I’ve always preferred birch with Corian armboard, however the one above is the 2nd plinth I’ve made with dedicated top plate it really made my Audiomods sing. I’m erring more towards matching plinths to arm.

Neil, as above I’m finding removable armbords a compromise with my latest builds, pick one arm of have a plinth big enough for 2 is my current thinking, all subject to change of course while we learn more :-)

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveDeepDog View Post
    Keith, the Panzer is beech impregnated with resin, both are harder, heavier and stronger than birch ply.
    I’ve only just got the sme4 and had the Panzar plinth with the right cutout, so changed 2 things at once. Difficult to say if it’s the arm or the plinth that’s responsible for the sound improvements.
    In the past I’ve likened Panzer to slate, very fast sounding with no overhang to the bass, I’ve always preferred birch with Corian armboard, however the one above is the 2nd plinth I’ve made with dedicated top plate it really made my Audiomods sing. I’m erring more towards matching plinths to arm.

Neil, as above I’m finding removable armbords a compromise with my latest builds, pick one arm of have a plinth big enough for 2 is my current thinking, all subject to change of course while we learn more :-)
    Interesting. I await your findings keenly.
    Regards Neil

I'm Bruce.

N. American drive, English arm - Rek-O-Kut B-12H/Nottingham Ace Space/Benz Glider
    DSC_4307 by fiddlefye, on Flickr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast