+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Idler Turntable sub forum

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yum, yum - damn tootin' it does...! I think we'll probably give this idea a go, chaps, and see what happens, but let's have some more feedback first

Marco.
    By the way, the plastic bag on top of my turntable contains a belt. It was meant to be ironic but didn't turn out too well..

I'm Nobody.

Just finished constructing a monster 'GL75' plinth, i now have a monster veneering job on my hands amongs other things (Excuse on it's side sound organisation table )

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Does this qualify ?

If so, I'm in.
    As it has a belt as well - absolutely not!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Dave.

The belt drives the IDLER..

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Just finished constructing a monster 'GL75' plinth, i now have a monster veneering job on my hands amongs other things (Excuse on it's side sound organisation table )

That is a monster plinth! Ya gotta love no compromise solutions
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Stewart.

Definitely a thumbs up from me, but I dont have that much experience with idler drive turntables, even tho I bought my 401 NEW in 1969 and I have serviced it ever since, almost forgot to say that I have totally rebuilt it TWICE!
    S

I'm ILOB.

That's a massive bit of work Andre It should look totally stunning when you varnish it
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Nobody.

John
    Just waiting for veneers to arrive, mid brown Teak veneer, 2mm black inlays
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 20-12-2012 at 20:40.

I'm ILOB.

Really looking forward to seeing the final pictures I am sure it will sound great
    By the way I also like the idea of Idler sub section
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yum, yum - damn tootin' it does...! I think we'll probably give this idea a go, chaps, and see what happens, but let's have some more feedback first

Marco.
    My two cents worth is that I think its a great idea of Andre's, we are told that we shipped (foolishly) thousands of 301 and 401s to Japan as they knew how good these TT are when we were ditiching 'em for belt drives (nothing against belt drives, one of my best friends is one ). Maybe it could attract members from Japan itself and I'm sure there must be many over there with a wealth of knowledge we could make use of?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Dave (HiFiDave) what are you hiding under that tissue on the platter of your 124, surely not your teeth? Anyone got any clues

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast