+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variable Bushmaster

I'm Peter.

Default Variable Bushmaster

Apologies in advance if this question is answered as part of another Beresford thread.

I was hoping to upgrade my already brilliant 7520 to the Bushmaster while continuing using the DAC as a pre with my Quad606. Is it in the pipeline? I remember there was some talk of it at some stage.

I too have an interest in that - to drive a Quad power amp.
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm george.

+1

I'm Chris.

After a recent exchange of PMs with Mr.B I got the distinct impression a "variable bushmaster" is not on the cards. But of course Stan can answer for himself.
    Chris

Stuff

1. Linux PC with onboard HDA SB/ALC892 24/192 optical S/PDIF and/or USB > TC-7520 (Gator + LM4562NA) > Quad 306 > AVI Neutron 3
    2. Rotel RCD 965BX > TC-7520 ( Gator + LM4562NA) > Hd595
    3. Rpi B+/HifiDigi B+ (with isolation transformer) Running "SqueezeOnArch" - https://github.com/SqueezeOnArch
    Nonsense
    1. Belkin Pure AV (white) phono, Belkin Pure AV (silver) USB, QEd 79-strand speaker cable.
    2. MG belden digital co-ax

Thumbs up

I have loads of projects on the go, but only time will tell which ones turn out to be right for final production.
    The production version of the variable output BM is on hold for now whilst I try to get the CaimanII from Alpha stage to Beta stage. Things are not helped by the fact that in many cases I know more than the manufacturers' support engineers about the technical aspect of some components that I am working with, which makes it a nightmare to get answers from them on stuff that their own parts are capable of!

What can you tell us about the Caiman II, Stan?
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

Absolutely nothing at this stage.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

What I still think we need is a good quality analogue line buffer with low output impedance with precision volume control (a couple of properly power-supplied op-amps are fine for this IMO), with a DAC with digital inputs and a few analogue inputs too. Possibly an A_D option as well giving backwards and forwards compatibility. Surely this could be combined in a decent enough case and not to sell for £1250 as the new pretty naim one does!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

It would still cost a fair amount. £500 would not be far off. Whilst I have looked at the idea, the market is far more limited compared to just a digital input only DAC.

I'm Richard.

I too would be interested in a Bushmaster / pre........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast