+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goldring/Lenco 'GL75' mods..

I'm Nobody.

Default Goldring/Lenco 'GL75' mods..

Play time..

Here's the quickest cheapest yet easiest way to fit a Mayware 'Formula 4' Pick-Up arm to a Goldring/Lenco 'GL75' without disfiguring the original unit, also retaining the original Lift/Lower device..

^ All it requires is three lazer cut aluminium washers

1@ 1mm thick x 35mm diameter (20.5mm diameter bore)
    1@ 2mm thick x 30mm diameter (20.5mm diameter bore)
    1@ 2mm thick x 35mm diameter (20.5mm diameter bore)

^ The 2mm thick x 30mm diameter washer required a flat filing off, this washer is what sits inside the original 'GL75' mounting hole to form the new size mounting hole! As you can see it fit's as snug as a bug.

^ The 1mm thick x 35mm diameter washer sit over this, bridging the old hole infill (I might have a larger diameter Mayware collor made later on to replace the top washer but this is for now)

^ Lastly the 2mm x 35mm washer sits over the cue mech mounting bracket. In goes the Mayware collar, bolted up & bobs your uncle, jobs a good un..

All that requires me to do now is clean all the aluminium washers & polish. Looks pretty good already.

I'm ILOB.

looking good
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

synsei Guest

That's a very neat installation André

I'm Keith.

great job André
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Very nice Andr'e
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I like this, since the usable parts of the deck and cueing device etc. can still be used.

Now, wasn't there a beefed up mayware arm in the 80's, with thicker pipe and enabling use of moving coil cartridges? Not sure if the Nima is the same length - I think it's Rega length?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

JH Reproducers was longer..

I notice your comments about this arm on more than one occasion! Were your experiences from the early version of the arm or summert?

At least the later version i have is superb, it will work with MC cartridges no problem, infact Mayware offered Their own MC cartridges, superb they were aswell & one of the best MC Transformers ive ever used (T24)..I wouldnt say it's my fav arm for no reason infact if i ever saw a Mayware 'MC7VIII'/'T24' i would drop the ADC without hesitation.

+ Reply to Thread