+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spaced Rock

I'm Stu.

Default Spaced Rock

Despite years of djing having a monitor next to one ear and a headphone next to the other I'm finding it increasingly difficult to sit down and listen to dance music... i think possibly because class A meant something different back in the daze. Anyhoo i'm getting back into the stuff i was into before '88, 89 particularly Hawkwind and the like. I posted something on these lines earlier and it was suggested I start a thread .........so SPACEROCK SIR? Purple oms all round me thinxs.. I can see a bit of a crossover with the prog threads but hey ho!
    All time fave is Doremifasolatido as it was the 1st time i really saw music- musical fidelity "the preamp", Crimson elektrik amp, technics linear tracker (SL DL ???). oh and a couple of black mikes which may have had something to do with it

'Warrior on the edge of time' was clearly the best thing Hawkwind did...Sadly the the last time Stacia performed with the band around this time.If you ever get chance try pic up the compilation LP 'Roadhawks'.The way ''Wind of change'' mixes flawlessly into ''The golden void'' would be the envy of any DJ these days.

I'm Stu.

I had the Roadhawks album on vinyl about 13 years ago but sold it with all my other vinyl -stupid boy! - i look on the internet and the price some of it is now going for and it makes me cry. I sold around 2000 bits of vinyl for about 500 quid if memory serves. One of the things i got rid of was a Finnish guy (Pekka???) the mathmaticians air display or somesuch - worth a fortune now.
    I'm looking to replenish my hawkwind stuff and have found a great contact in Belgium. I did bid on a copy of the Hawlords album, the one with only the dead dreams of the cold war kid on but it went for silly money. As soon as i get the dosh together, ive just bought another lk100, i want to track down do not panic with the Stonehenge stuff on there. Saw it on Youtube with Nik Turner looking very silly.
    For me Doremefasolatido has some very good memories but i think, despite it being clearly more commercial, i like the stuff with Bob Calvert - quark Strangeness etc. I'm trying to get a copy of PXR5 too but finding that one difficult to track down.

Quote Originally Posted by stupinder View Post
    I had the Roadhawks album on vinyl about 13 years ago but sold it with all my other vinyl -stupid boy! - i look on the internet and the price some of it is now going for and it makes me cry. I sold around 2000 bits of vinyl for about 500 quid if memory serves. One of the things i got rid of was a Finnish guy (Pekka???) the mathmaticians air display or somesuch - worth a fortune now.
    If the 'Roadhawks' is on Universal Artists then yep might fetch a bit.There is a cheap re-issue on Fame records that doesn't sound too bad.

Listern this will make you cry.British vintage audio equipment as brand new in original boxes.Thorens (Not British), Rogers, Leak,Transcriptors you name it, there were all show room condition around 150 items together with a collection of 3000 prog 1st issue's, completely smashed to a thousand pieces by my nasty ex wife hows that for a present coming home from work at night, but that's perfectly alright her screwing about me losing my planned future investments in the process..

The Finnish guy you are refering to is Pekka Pohjola from the band Wigwam..I have his first two albums as well as Wigwam's LP's

Here this is the best one as i can't pronounce it to spell it:

Last edited by Vinyl Grinder; 17-02-2008 at 17:56. Reason: Spelling Correction)

+ Reply to Thread