+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS Marantz CD63 MKII- serious modifications

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

These players have massive potential

Just spent several hours listening to this one and this player is bloody awesome!!! Details, resolution,weight, accuracy........

I'd be happy to keep it........

I'm really loathed to package it!!!
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

Quote Originally Posted by Legendz View Post
    Hi

If not a secret, how do you add the blue filter?
    No secret....,.,,,,..........just a blue filter
    Ian

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

I'm Felipe.

Yeah but you insert between the screen and the led pcb?

Lol yes!

Taped onto the vfd

Doesn't effect audio performance but looks good!!!!
    Ian

I'm Felipe.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
    Doesn't effect audio performance
    Bonkers!

I have a CD67 MK2 SE which it's PCB is quite similar, will try some mods later on, but now I'll stop with the OT, thanks!

I'm Marcus.

Hi Ian

It's too late, you can't keep it now. It's mine, all mine !
    Bwahaha !

Um, I think he excitement is getting to me.
    Ziro power cables -> Modded Marantz CD63SE or Bluesound -> Roksan K3 Dac -> RFC Venus -> Onix DNA 45 -> LS25 -> Proac D18

Lol!!! Was pretty impressed. It's surprising how good these sound when they have been tweaked! And........there's plenty more you could do with it!!! descrete output stage, better transformer(s), more regs!!!! Hehehehe

It's all packaged up now waiting for UPS to arrive. I'll mail you the tracking details over to you but it should be delivered tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Legendz View Post
    Bonkers!

I have a CD67 MK2 SE which it's PCB is quite similar, will try some mods later on, but now I'll stop with the OT, thanks!
    Yep, different servo section. These also mod very well. This is one I did and sold last year. Similar to this one but was taken a bit further. Audiocom clock PSU driving one of my own clocks and 10 or so of my regs in there 2. All those regs went in as phase 2. The guy was very happy so it sent it back for more

Ian

I'm Marcus.

More ? There is more ? Nuts.

Well, I will have to have that more at some point, once my wallet has recovered.
    In about six months I will need another CD player for a different room - it sure would be nice to have a nos TDA1541 based one, hehe.
    Ziro power cables -> Modded Marantz CD63SE or Bluesound -> Roksan K3 Dac -> RFC Venus -> Onix DNA 45 -> LS25 -> Proac D18

There's always more

Nah! Not NOS!

Put a decent reg on the filter chip and leave it in. Another one of my favourites got a couple of 1541 dacs I built and the Philips CD960 which virtually a marantz cd94 mki.

You can do quite a bit with the clocking. Plus you want at least 7 low noise regs! 3 on the dac, 2 on the IV, and 1 each on the receiver and filter then you're really singing.

There a few older pics of mine attached to my profile on here
    Ian

I'm Marcus.

You have exposed my complete lack of any idea of what I am talking about - all I ever see about TDA1541 is NOS, NOS, NOS.

A year ago I had never even heard of a dac chip. Suddenly, I am thrust into a world of capacitors, clocks and power supplies.

It's great fun to learn about these things, though my understanding of what they all do, well lets just say I am electrically engineering challenged.

As long as they all sound good when put together, I don't mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast