+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another 7510 question.

Default Another 7510 question.

I've managed the Mod 21 parts 1 and 2 on the Beresford 7510 6/3 and the op-amp change is VERY good indeed through tri-amped Audiolabs and tri-wired Kef reference system. These dacs really are superb value.

First question should I take out the 0.1u ceramics in parallel with EC8 and 9 and put polyprops there instead? Or are the ceramics there for a purpose for some specific RF freq decoupling? Having lurked for a while and read Stan's contributions I don't want to upset some specific design intent and make the thing worse.

Second question, is it worthwhile doing the Wolfson swap on a 7510 6/4+ and does it take the dac section up to a 7520 performance?

Third question are there any chip swaps for the 386 headphone amp and how on earth do I get the volume knob off to get the bottom of the front pcb Mine is on so tight I'm afraid of harming the pot if I lever too hard

I've been extra cheeky and put blue leds in my moded 7510
    Don't get super bright - 2000mcd "diffused lens" with 20K series (can't desolder under the pcb yet!) is just enough to look classy without overpowering any other equipment.

thanks

Fred.

I'm Neal.

IMHO remove the ceramics and use a single cap such as a BlackGate or similar. Ceramic caps are microphonic and vary with applied voltage, horrid things.

The Wolfsson adds nothing to the sound. I tried it and abandoned it. You get more from the LM4562MA swap.

thanks, guys. Any tips to get the volume knob off ?

+ Reply to Thread