+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Album Club Analysis

I'm ChrisB.

That's what I like about you Alex, you know when you've been a bad boy!

I'm Dan.

Sorry to spoil the analysis but I didnt post an Ella Fitzgerald record... I don't own one!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm ChrisB.

oops!
    Best take a look at that then

I'm ChrisB.

Dan, it was your week but you never showed up, so Keith took up the challenge instead.
    I'll amend it shortly.
    Apologies to all.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    They were a few good albums from the 80s but on the whole it was a poor decade for great music
    I am surprised that talk talk, talking heads, rem, Kate bush, Peter Gabriel and tears for fears haven't been put forward for album club review.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm ChrisB.

Well.........it's completely in your power to sort that out, should you choose to accept the challenge!

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Well.........it's completely in your power to sort that out, should you choose to accept the challenge!

Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm ChrisB.

Heh-he-heh!

Location: Walsall, W Midlands, (an area of the country that doesn't seem to exist) England.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    With over a year of Album Club in the bag, and for a bit of fun, I thought I'd analyse the distribution of albums and scoring to see how it looks to date. I have graphed the analysis on two axes: number of albums submitted per decade; standardised mean score from the voting. This is the result as of the date of this post.

You can see that the most popular decade is the 1970s with a big dip in the 1980s.
    It certainly seems that the 1980s were the crappest for quality music

I guess this is with regard to the album club; if it isnt, I can definately agree with the most popular decade being the 1970's but, how can the 80's be the crappiest decade for quality music ??????????? Some of the best music (IMO) came from this decade as there was more money around and the investment by the music companies in bands and the music was colossal !!!
    It isn't necessarily about doing things right, its also about doing the right thing !!!!!

ITS A LONG WAY TO THE TOP........................ WHEN YA WANNA ROCK N ROLL !!!

Pioneer SA-9800, SG-9800, TX-9800, P-D70, PD-7500, TX-D1000, PL-12D, HPM-60, REL Quake.

Mission Cyrus II + PSX Transformer. Marantz CD-52 MkII Sp Edtn. Sony Mini-Disc MDS-JE530. Thorens TD-166MkII.
    Nakamichi Cassette Deck 2. Linn Index II + Ku-Stone Stands. REL Strata. Linn Interconnects throughout and Chord Flat Strand speaker cable.

Raspberry Pi / AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre DAC ES9023 TCXO Streamer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123