+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Budget DAC

I'm Nuno.

Guys,
    What you think of Edirol sound cards?Is it OK to connect the sound card to the amplifier trough RCA or the sound is not so good?The amp is a Densen B 110 and Epos speakers.
    The sound card is this
    http://roland.com.br/edirol/produtos/520/images
    Should I wait and save in order to buy a good DAC?

Quote Originally Posted by nbaptista View Post
    Guys,
    What you think of Edirol sound cards?
    I read good reports of the edirol ua-25ex.

It has the custom drivers to enable bit perfect transfer via USB from a Windows PC. The new Beresford 7520 uses the default windows drivers, so the Windows mixer is still in the replay chain and a ripped CD at 16/44.1 will be re-sampled to 48K. Theoretically not good, but how much difference it makes I don't know. I haven't heard either the 7520 or the UA 25EX.

Has anyone made the comparison?
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Nuno.

but how about the sound card?

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Labarum View Post
    I read good reports of the edirol ua-25ex.

It has the custom drivers to enable bit perfect transfer via USB from a Windows PC. The new Beresford 7520 uses the default windows drivers, so the Windows mixer is still in the replay chain and a ripped CD at 16/44.1 will be re-sampled to 48K. Theoretically not good, but how much difference it makes I don't know. I haven't heard either the 7520 or the UA 25EX.

Has anyone made the comparison?
    L Hi, you need to install 'ASIO for all', that will bypass the sound mixer and give you a much better result.
    Cessaro Horn Acoutics,David Wright ,Mola-Mola , Weiss MAN301,Dynavector XV1- Manger Loudspeakers Grimm Audio LS1,worlds best sounding loudspeaker.
    Mini DSP digital signal processing.
    www.puriteaudio.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by purite audio View Post
    L Hi, you need to install 'ASIO for all', that will bypass the sound mixer and give you a much better result.
    But only if the hardware and associated drivers will use ASiO. The Edirol can - can the Beresford?
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Nuno.

I think the Edirol is better for record and reproduction of instruments,like guitars or something else.It is not only a Dac,so I wonder if is overpriced,for those that just want a Dac,and not record instruments

I'm Nuno.

And what about the Musical Fidelity V-DAC versus Cambridge DacMagic?

A good review here

http://ixbtlabs.com/articles2/proaud...-0404-usb.html

and the thread in the other place is still running.
    Brian

I have just looked again at the now very long thread in another place on the EMU 0404 USB DAC

It seems to have quite a following

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/co...04-mini-review
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12