+ Reply to Thread
Page 522 of 540 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 5394

Thread: Pet Hates........or FFS

I'm joe.

Washed down with Dr Pepper.

I'm Martin.

Was Dr Pepper actually a medical doctor? Interesting question, can we find out?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Potato smoothies? ..........oh, hang on, that's mash!
    I like a good potato smoothie. Especially when I cut Lincolnshire sausages in half and make a 'hedgehog', and surround it all with a moat of baked beans. And of course some HP sauce That's how you keep your bum healthy
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Was Dr Pepper actually a medical doctor? Interesting question, can we find out?
    He was a vet. Oh wait, that was Dr. Fox
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm joe.

Was Dr Pepper actually a medical doctor?
    Unsurprisingly, the answer is 'maybe'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper#Name

'Theories about the origins of the soft drink's name abound.[12][13] One possible reason that the name was chosen was the practice, common at the time of the drink's creation, of including Dr. in the names of products to convey the impression that they were healthful.[14]

A theory often cited is that the drink was named after an actual doctor, one Charles T. Pepper of Rural Retreat, Virginia. Morrison may have named the drink after the doctor in gratitude for Pepper having given Morrison his first job.[14][15] However, Milly Walker, Collections Manager / Curator for the Dublin (Texas) Dr Pepper Bottling Co. Museum, has stated that U.S. Census records show that a young Morrison lived in Christiansburg, Virginia, 40 miles (64 km) away from Rural Retreat, and that "there is not one piece of evidence that Morrison ever worked for Charles T. Pepper in Rural Retreat".[16] Another story tells of Morrison naming the drink after Charles T. Pepper because the doctor granted Morrison permission to marry Pepper's daughter,[17] but the girl in question was only eight years old at the time that Morrison moved to Waco.[14][16][18]

A Dr. Pepper of Christiansburg is another possible inspiration for the soft drink's name. In the census that shows Morrison living in Christiansburg and working as a pharmacy clerk, a Dr. Pepper is recorded on a subsequent page. Since census takers at this time were walking from door to door, and these census entries are close to each other in the record, it appears that Morrison and this Dr. Pepper lived close to each other. Furthermore, Pepper is recorded as having a 16-year-old daughter, named Malinda or Malissa.[16]'

I'm Martin.

And what about Dr. Hook?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

And what about Dr. Hook?
    He had a Medicine Show, so obvs he was a real doctor, though having a hook instead of a hand must have made surgery difficult. I've just realised that the word for the place you go to see a doctor is the same word that's used to describe a medical operation.

I'm Martin.

Hook could just have been his name. Like Hook in 'Zulu'. He didn't have a hook. Although it would have come in useful in that situation I suppose.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

He's deffo a doctor. I saw him a few years back about my tennis elbow.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    She was horny or she made you horny?
    Both ..... she was rather naughty let’s say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread